Praying against principalities and pulling down strongholds is common practice in the church today.
However, many of the teachings on spiritual warfare happen to be from people’s perceptions. Mindsets are already patterned to misleading views and Satan’s powers way too much exaggerated.
We need some foundational truths from scriptures to correct and adjust our understanding of spiritual warfare.
I believe there is war we are fighting as believers that we MUST fight, yet, in rules of engaging these powers, we need wisdom truths from God to position ourselves with him as He does the fight on our behalf.
Sadly, we hide in the chaos of fighting Satan, leaving the priority of the Father undone in our lives.
We compete with Satan trying to be like him, while at the same time purport to fight him…. what a contradiction!
Before I go deeper into this, I would like to give quick overview and use it later as the basis of what spiritual warfare should be to us in this “modern” church, but use the apostles’ days as the blueprint.
As I study how the apostles conducted spiritual warfare, these are what I find:
- The priority was always preaching the Kingdom of God and changing mindsets of the people by the Word.
- The disciples focused on winning souls to Jesus, knowing that their changed allegiance, would disempower the principalities over their city.
- Long-term history of the cities, show that as the churches grew and godly leadership matured, the atmosphere of the city changed and more people came to salvation as a result.
In short, there was a spiritual shift towards eternal gains.
- Paul appealed to the spiritual rulers of cities and regions. His ultimate goal was to win them over by the truths of the Kingdom, not in a power fight.
- When there were times of spiritual or political confrontation, the disciples down-played them or avoided them, seeking first to win souls and establish righteousness of God in the lives of those to whom they ministered.
~ Prophet Peter Odhiambo
Prophet Peter Odhiambo of Heart Revival Network International, Kenya is a Prophetic End-Time Minister of the Gospel, preaching in Crusades and open air Revival meetings. The LORD continues to show him the apostasy in the Church and the need to prepare the Bride, fit for the Wedding of the Lamb, as in Revelation 19:7-8.