4 Words in 1
Testimonies of Church Ministry Visits
As I’m traveling a lot in ministry, I have heard some crazy stuff that people will ask the guest speaker to do.
Here are a few that shall make your day:
- “We are tight on funds. Can we put you in the hotel with another speaker and their armorbearer until we raise enough money in the offering for your room?”
Tells them to let the speaker they can afford, do my day also.
- “Can you front the money for the advertisement on radio and television for the revival and we pay you back at the end?”
Tells them they can make flyers and pass them out.
- “Do you mind entertaining my Assistant Pastor going on a date while you’re here? They like you, and I told them I would include a date with them as one of the conditions of you coming.”
Cancel revival, because they assume they are your pimp and you, their prostitute.
- “We have you scheduled for revival, but the lights are out. We were wondering, could you pay the lights for us and if we raise enough money, we will pay you back?”
Cancel revival and let them know you don’t do revivals to pay bills.
- “We were wondering if you could rent us a car for the week to get to the revival? Our car got repossessed and we don’t have a way to pick you up from the airport and take you around.”
Tells them, “I can rent my own car, but let’s see if there is another time YAH is saying revival, since you can’t get even one of your 300 members to help you out.”
- “We know you did five days, but do you mind if we pay you next week? We need the offering to pay our house note.”
Calls in Peter to handle tricksters.
- “We were wondering, if you don’t mind, since you have a van, can you make about three loads and pick up some of our members for church tonight? We just don’t want to burden the people in the church.”
Politely hangs phone up.
- They take you out to eat with about five of their members. They order, then say something is wrong with their debit card and ask if I can you pay for their meals until they figure it out.
Gets up from table goes, pays own bill and walks out.
- “Can you stop by the store and pick up some cigarettes for my husband? He forgot his at home.”
Goes into rebuke mode and tells them, “Bye!”
- “Do you mind paying your plane ticket until you get here, because we had to use the funds to make sure our baby had a great birthday party.”
- “Can you pay our musicians at our church to play at the revival each night, since we have to pay them every Sunday?”
Tells them, “I don’t need music. I’m anointed without it.”
- “Our water is off at our house. Do you mind if we come shower at your hotel room since we are paying the bill?”
Tells them, “You can have room. I’m gone!”
- “I know we said we would get you a hotel, but we decided it would cost less if you stay with us and our five children.”
Gets back in car and goes home.
- “In order for you to get the seed we promise, you have to sleep with me.”
These are just a few I have personally encountered on the field.
This is why I do understand people getting honorariums and accommodations in writing and their monies up front.
People can be slick and deceitful when it comes to ministry. Not everyone is like this.
In this hour you also have to be careful of those that run games on you as their leader and covering.
They will be so gracious to others but mistreat you and expect you to always come giving into them and their work but they never sow into yours.
In this hour YAH is restoring order and honor.
Take One More Step in Giving!
Many times during the holidays we give the elderly and those shut in food baskets, forgetting that many are dealing with physical limitations that keep them from having the ability to cook a meal.
Instead of just bringing them the food to cook, why not come a day early and cook the food for them?
Sometimes they can’t even eat half of what we put in these food boxes, because of their digestive system blood pressure sugar etc.
Often we think we are doing a good thing when sometimes we are making the people more depressed.
Before we do charity, we need to make sure that what we do is truly beneficial to those who are elderly and those who are sick and shut in.
This is “Shut the Devil Down” Season
In this hour, we don’t have time to play games with people.
This is shut the devil down season. No longer will lions and eagles sit back and allow the enemy to do or say what he wants and we sit in a corner silently letting him make mockery out of us.
This is not the hour for allowing the verbal abuse of Satan to have people cowering in fear. You had better arise and stand your Holy and Righteous ground against the attacks of Satan.
You have to know the differences between a war moment and a crucifying moment.
Know when to fight and when to allow the will of the LORD to be done.
There are some things we must address and put a stop to. No longer are the Men and Women of YAH going to allow demons and devils to just have free course in attacking, persecuting and destroying people or themselves.
The Spirit of the Father spoke to me and said, “Don’t let the enemy have a inch. Don’t take any prisoners. Don’t let his demonic plans succeed.”
It’s a new day we have been given permission to engage all works of darkness that come to destroy the works of YAH.
Expect to hear a sound of war and victory as we go forth now conquering regions territories and nations for YAH!
A Provisional Team!
“Now it came to pass, afterward, that He went through every city and village, preaching and bringing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with Him, and certain women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities — Mary called Magdalene, out of whom had come seven demons, and Joanna the wife of Chuza, Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many others who provided for Him from their substance,” Luke 8:1-3.
Luke 8:1-3 gives us an insight also on giving for even YESHUA had persons that sowed into His life and provided substance unto Him.
He didn’t have to ask anybody for anything, because there were persons who were with Him who were provisional sources in His ministry.
These persons were grateful and thankful for the word He was teaching and knew that He needed to be sustained as He traveled to different cities preaching the word.
Some persons complain about sowing, but these gave because of the work that He was doing.
They made sure that He was well taken care of wherever He went. Now for all those who have problems with sowing to a person, perhaps if you would give to the vision and work of the one whom you have been assigned to bless, they would not need to have somebody else bless them.
I repeat, they saw His works, knew His character, and were willing to make sure that He was accommodated through them everywhere He went.
You see, when you get free for real you, will help the ministry that helps you continue with the work of the LORD!
Read the word and learn today.
Again YESHUA didn’t have to be concerned about that part, because He had persons who understood His vision and had a desire and burden for what He was doing, and they made sure that He was able to get where He needed to go, and provided for His comfort when He traveled.
A Provisional Team!
~ Apostle Barbara R. Thomas
Apostle Barbara R. Thomas is founder of I Come to Heal Ministries, A Woman’s touch Ministry, The Next Dimension Global Outreach Ministries and Spoken Word School of Ministry and is on a mission, traveling the world, proclaiming the Gospel, for souls to be won to the Kingdom of God. She has life mandate to help bring others to their divine purpose.