Where Are the Prophets?
Where are the prophets who will stir us to righteousness?
Where are the men who will prick our conscience with the Fiery Sword of freshly uttered Spirit Word?
Where are the servants of the Holy Spirit who will leave us with restless nights, and who will poke our hearts with the hot convictions of the Burning Word of God?
Where are God’s Fire-baptised men and women who will not leave us at peace or in comfort, but stir the volcano of the Holy Spirit within our hearts until we lay hold of God, and lay our lives down to be found by Him?
Where are they who will drive us on into the Gates of Glory – until we stand before God in white raiment?
Where are you!?
Prophet: Is You Head on a Block?
I have never known a prophet who did not live with his ‘head on a block’.
Prophets are as dead men speaking – that others may live. They ‘die daily’.
- They have nothing to defend – For they ‘make themselves of no reputation’.
- They have nothing to protect – For they have ‘forsaken all’ to follow Christ, and ‘count not their lives dear unto themselves’.
- They cannot be bought – For they have already sold themselves as ‘love-slaves’ to Christ.
- They cannot be imprisoned – They are the ‘prisoners of Christ’.
- They cannot be threatened – Because they have been ‘crucified with Christ’.
- They cannot be bribed – For although owning nothing, they ‘possess all things’.
- The only One Who makes a prophet is God!
- The only thing that moves a prophet is Heaven!
- The only thing that qualifies a prophet is obedience!
- The only thing that scares a prophet is the fear of God!
- Yet prophets are meek, humble, gentle and as un-asserting as their Master was.
“Tell the daughter of Zion, Behold, your King comes unto you, meek, and sitting upon a donkey, and a colt the foal of a donkey,” Matthew 21:15.
When new revelation comes from the Holy Spirit –
- Turn into the new and away from the old ways you have followed.
- Forget about the past. Focus on the future. Live in the present (revelation of the Holy Spirit).
God does not hold you responsible for what you did not know in the past. There He will only consider the integrity of your heart.
He only holds you accountable for what you will do with what you have received from Him in the present, and how and what you will do in response to His Word, revealed into your heart – today and in your tomorrow’s.
“Therefore, whoever knows the right thing to do, yet fails to do it, is guilty of sin,” James 4:17.
~ Johann van der Hoven
Johann van der Hoven is in South Africa. He has been serving the Lord in ministry since 1991 and has hosted numerous apostolic revival meetings in South Africa and in South America. He also currently pioneers a organic church planting movement across South Africa. For more information about him and his ministry visit Fellowship of Believers or Revival.