Before you tear down the Prophetic Ministry in America that has been such a great blessing to your nation, the nations of the world and The Body Of Christ, consider these:
There is a difference between God said “he will win”, and God said “pray that he will win”.
The former being definitive is an already determined outcome in the heavens, the latter being conditional requires laboring in the heavens to establish the outcome so it can be birthed on earth.
Like Jonah the prophet, stating a conditional prophesy as definitive does not instill a sense of responsibility, or the call to labor for the fulfillment of that Prophetic Word.
The Prophet Jonah came announcing judgment upon Nineveh declaring with certainty that forty days from now Nineveh will be overthrown [Jonah 3] having received a clear word from The LORD.
The Prophet Jonah didn’t know or didn’t relate that Word as conditional, but as definitive; and the people’s reaction to that word could effect a change from the direction towards judgement.
So when Jonah saw that a different outcome other than what he prophesied was taking place, he didn’t take it kindly, he even wished death upon himself [Jonah 4].
Prophet Jonah wanted his word to come to pass, the shame that he felt as a result of his perception that his word fell to the ground — masked as prophets pride — kicked in and he wanted to terminate his life, putting an end to his prophetic ministry.
Like The Prophet Jonah, Many may have stated a conditional word as definitive; and when a different outcome ensued, they were faced with several options as it is with the prophets.
Many are faced with responding the way Prophet Jonah had responded and some responding the way Joshua responded after encountering the Captain Of The Host who was leading them through battles, they were defeated in the battle of Ai, with a number of his men killed.
The Scriptures reveal Joshua’s encounter with the Captain Of The Host In Joshua 5; their Victory against Jericho in Joshua 6; and in Joshua 7; the Israelites lost an even easier battle against Ai.
The Scriptures records in Joshua 7:6; that Joshua and the elders of Israel rent his garments in humility, seeking The LORD for Wisdom on what happened, then Revelation came to him.
It is important to note that Joshua had received a sure Word of Prophecy from The LORD, that The LORD will be with Joshua and lead him into the land — with a conditional term in Joshua 1:7 — to observe and to do all that Joshua is commanded.
Conditional prophecies are like words on the scales and balances, they require sacrifices of our righteous labors to attain unto the measure that tips the scale in righteousness.
In like manner, the enemy knowing what is at stake also goes to and fro the land to find those who through sin and compromise will cause a defiling of the sacrifices, thereby tipping the scales in the direction of judgment — just as Achan bringing in the accursed thing into the camp was considered not just a personal sin, but a national sin that made them loose that war [Joshua 7].
With this understanding, There are important things to note;
- A Conditional Prophetic Word that didn’t come to pass is not a false prophesy, neither is the messenger of that word false.
- The LORD always stated when a prophetic word is conditional as we see in several instances in The Scriptures — the “if” moments.
- Knowing in part may be the reason why a prophet releases a conditional word as definitive; and The LORD certainly knows what stage we all are in the maturing process in prophetic ministry.
- A mocking, suspicious, ambitious spirit does not reflect discernment.
- Apologies becomes appropriate when your apology is not because the message you were sent to deliver as a messenger didn’t come to pass, but when you’re certain that you didn’t deliver the right message as a messenger.
- The prophet is always in a phase of being deeply conformed to perfectly represent The LORD; and The LORD graciously discerns our growth stage, corrects us and brings us into greater maturity.
- Smacking down the prophets at this time will be a misrepresentation of The LORD — effectively making the one smacking — a false prophet.
Above all, your greatest determination should be, to be before The LORD as Joshua did; to allow The LORD take you by the hand and bring you into deeper maturity and understanding — because America as a nation, and other nations of the world will yet need the ministry of prophets to beat their way out of the challenging season that is ahead.
This is the true test of the Prophetic Ministry; total and complete yielding to The LORD for guide in representing HIS will, HIS ways, and HIS word as a messenger.
~ by Abel Praise
Abel Praise is an Ambassador of The LORD Jesus Christ and also operates as Abel Praise Ministries. Abel Praise is The Coordinator of Kingdom School of Nations; headquartered in Nigeria; committed to working with apostolic and prophetic ministries across the globe to raise and mobilize the warring Bride for the end time battle of The Kingdom of The LORD JESUS CHRIST into the nations.