Nigeria: When will the church take her stand and stop chasing after vanities?
This article may seem long to read but please do read it. I hear in my spirit the words of the LORD.
In line with the Islamization agenda of President Muhammadu Buhari in Nigeria, the Kaduna state governor, Mallam Nasir El- Rufai has issued laws that will control and in effect, ban church worshiping and evangelisation in Kaduna state.
Governor El-Rufai, who like President Buhari, is alleged to be a well known Islamist fundamentalist, will use these new laws to minimize the growth of Christian religion, sending some pastors to prison and in effect, driving pastors and evangelists, away from the state, ensuring the dominance of the Islamic faith.
In 2003, President Buhari was alleged to have boasted that it is Allah’s will for him to ensure that Islam is spread to corners of Nigeria. As it stands now, Hope For Nigeria is sure that the opportunity to Islamize Nigeria has presented itself, as Buhari is now Nigeria’s President and Mallam El-Rufai, a renowned hate preacher, is a governor of a state in Nigeria.
As is normal practice in Nigeria, if the government want to destroy Christians with laws, they will draft it by mentioning Islam as a cover to deceive the people.
Cited below are some of the contents of the anti-Christian laws:
- In Kaduna you cannot preach without license.
- If you preach without license, you are guilty of offense punishable with 2 years imprisonment or a fine of N$200,000.
- Every preacher will have to go and get only a one-year license (renewable every year). That is, you must always preach without an expired license or you risk 2 years imprisonment.
- If you invite any external preacher (i.e. preacher outside Kaduna state), such a person must be licensed for the duration of his/her stay and the body issuing the license has the right to reject external preacher they feel is not qualify to preach in Kaduna state.
- Every preacher who want to be licensed will appear before a screening committee. If he/she passes the screening, he/she will only be given licensed for one year.
- The law criminalizes the use of CDs, Flash Drives and other communication gadgets, except in religious buildings or inside your own house.
That means, you will be arrested for listening to preaching or religious music inside your cars or in any open place, except in your own house or religious building.
- You cannot use any microphone in your church after 8:00 p.m. or you are guilty of offenses punishable with 2 years’ imprisonment or a fine of N$200,000.
- Since all preaching must be done within a building, it means public evangelism will be criminalized. Those who preach early morning, known by some as morning cry and preaching inside bus if arrested will be fined N$200,000.
This could also means, people will not be allowed to go out for evangelism on streets or move with vehicles with address systems to advertise their programs.
About 9 states in Nigeria assumed the status of Islamic states in a secular country and governed by Islamic law and in most cases, Christians are tried in these courts.
This is what The LORD says:
“I will use this occasion to awaken My church again in Nigeria.
I AM stirring the heart of My prophetic intercessors among you, who will cry out to me from the pregnancies of their spirits and birth among you My purpose and plan for this can only be birthed through intercession.
What you are seeing, is a repetition of the Book of Judges.
I sold the people of Israel at no price to the Philistines just to draw them closer to My heart. So will this be.
I will use this law to change the face of My church and cause to burst forth a revival among My people.
They will downplay that which divides and run around that which unites them says, the Spirit of the Lord!”
~ by Mark Cyril
|Author, teacher, motivational and conference speaker, Pastor Mark Cyril is the international President of CYRIL MARK WORLD EVANGELISM – an independent ministry taking the message of the cross across the Nations turning many in their numbers to salvation through Jesus Christ. He is also the Senior Pastor of Revelation Apostolic Community; an apostolic and Prophetic Word based ministry in Abuja the capital city of Nigeria – West Africa.|