I was talking with a special Prophetess this morning about something and in the midst of it, she dropped a nugget that has me thinking really heavy right now, because it was a confirmation of how people mimic your words, to make what they saying sound prophetic.
She was mature enough to recognize that the person was coming in a lying spirit, but how many people are not discerning as she is, to know instantly that the prophetic word they are hearing is not from God.
Have to make sure people are not coming to you with:
- Information prophecy words from what they have heard about you either from your mouth or someone else.
- Observation prophecy words from your mannerism or facial expressions that sometimes can be misleading.
- Soulish prophecy words from their own human intellect that are common things that are usually said because most people deal with them.
- Witchcraft prophecy words of information that are obtained through another source besides the Spirit of God.
- Psychic prophecy words that a person receives by prodding your soul by asking questions and then speaking from your answers.
She got me thinking about how many times people are receiving words from people that are speaking what seems to be a prophetic word from The Lord. The confusion sets in because the words sound and are familiar to them so that just receive them as confirmation.
Then they make decisions for their life off of a word that was never spoken by God. Then when they start going through hard warfare they then decide to seek God and that’s when they realized they received the words of a lying prophet.
In this hour with so many gifts and gimmicks, you better make sure the source the person is speaking to you from is the Holy Spirit of God and not one of the examples above.
In fact instead of depending on prophecy, hit your knees, get on your face, and depend on God to answer you.
Lazy people that don’t want to pray or get in their word always get misled by the enemy. Prophetess, thank you and you know who you are. You just kicked my teacher’s anointing into overdrive this morning.
~ Apostle Barbara R. Thomas
|Apostle Barbara R. Thomas is founder of I Come to Heal Ministries, A Woman’s touch Ministry, The Next Dimension Global Outreach Ministries and Spoken Word School of Ministry and she is on a mission travelling the world proclaiming the Gospel for soul to be won to the Kingdom of God. She has a mandate on her life to help brings others to their divine purpose.|