Many Christians belief the stories in Genesis are a myth. They do not realise the consequences of this attitude. Once you realise what you are actually saying by this attitude you will be horrified.
This little document aims to show you what happens when you do not believe in any part of Genesis or other parts of The Bible.
Genesis Chapters 1, 3 & 8 Creation, the Fall of Man and the Worldwide Flood
- These three events are a major test of your faith in God and who you believe He is.
- If you believe He is God you will believe in all these three things because you believe He is able to do these things.
- If you do not believe He is God then you will not believe in these things because you do not believe He is God and able to do these things.
Six day Creation
- Do you believe God created everything in 6 days?
- If Yes
- You have the faith God requires to do His Will.
- You will not have the problems evolution causes people.
- You do not believe you are wiser than God to declare what He has or has not done (making you a god to be able to judge God).
- You do not need to correct The Bible to say what you believe it says.
- You will not need to find alternative ways for things occurred which require more faith than believing these events happened.
- If No
- You are accepting beliefs and theories that have not been scientifically proved but only assumed and are really only hypotheses as they have not been proven only assumed.
- You do not believe God could create everything in six days or you would accept a six day creation.
- You must find an alternative system for the formation of the universe and the earth.
- You must find an alternative to the God of The Bible and a holy book you can believe in.
- If Yes
Evolution is the only alternative you can believe in for the formation of the earth and universe, which states:
- There was nothing before the universe and you would break all the laws of physics having energy being created out of nothing.
- God has no real part in the creation of all things we know exist.
- All is an accident.
- Life spontaneously came into existence from things that did not have life (you believe life was created from nothing rather than an all powerful God created it).
- God’s order and discipline is not in the universe or it would be firstly seen in creation.
- Chance is the guide in everything and there is no divine plan behind all that happens.
- God has no right to make plans for or to influence creation as He did not make it.
- You can have no moral absolutes unless you can find a god who morals you can believe in.
- You can have no eternal purpose for life as God has no authority to give you one as He did not create you.
- You are your own god as you reject the God of The Bible and can do what you want as there is no God to judge you (so you believe).
- Life after death may exist but God has no right to have a part in it as he did not create you so does not own you to be able to make plans for you or to control what happens to you.
Do you modify Genesis to fit in with scientific beliefs?
- If yes
- You do not believe God can create in six days so have the problems those above of those who answered ‘No’ above.
- If No!
- If you said ‘No’ because you believe in six day creation then you do not have the problems of those who do not believe in it.
- If you said ‘No’ because you want to believe He Bible but want to accept what science says then you really do not believe God would create in six days or you would reject this way of these events happening and you would have many of the problems of those who do not believe in six day creation.
The Fall of Mankind into sin
- Do you believe there was a fall of mankind into sin?
- If Yes
- You believe Jesus is necessary to complete God’s plan for you.
- You believe in Salvation and Redemption.
- You will obey God to preserve these.
- You will tell others of these things because they are good for other people and God’s Love in you causes you to do this.
- If Yes
- If No
- You cannot believe in Jesus and all He did for you as He is not necessary because there is no fall of man for Him to die and remove the effects, of which was His main purpose for coming to earth.
- You will not love others as God does and will have a self-motivated expression of love. You may try to love as God Loves but you are really following a god that works within the limitations you have given him and as He is not the God of true Love you will not be able to express this in you to its fullest extent
- You need to find a way of salvation you can believe in and you know is correct as you cannot trust anything The Bible says about it or anything else it states about anything to do with these things. You cannot pick and choose what parts of The Bible you want to believe in. It is all or none because once you start to pick and choose what you want to believe in you are no longer following the God who wrote it and have made your own bible.
The Worldwide Deluge
- Do you think there was a Worldwide Noahic flood?
- If Yes
- You will understand Geology correctly.
- You will know God’s judgment and Grace to Noah and all who follow God.
- You will not fruitlessly need to search for explanation of things in geology regardless of how improbable they may seem or scientifically incorrect they are.
- If No
- You will have to believe in evolution as an alternative to the flood to explain earth geology and formation.
- You will not understand geology correctly.
- You will always be looking for explanations to refute the things that show the worldwide flood occurred regardless of how improbable or impossible these explanations are.
- You cannot believe what The Bible says in Genesis about the flood. so you cannot use The Bible as you believe it has error.
- If Yes
Overall consequence of saying “Yes” to belief in the above three events
- You believe the God of the Bible and all He said.
- You believe all The Bible says.
- You know what Salvation and Redemption is.
- You know how to live to obtain and preserve these.
- You will express God’s Love and Control over all things.
- You will learn how to explain and defend these events against their critics.
Overall consequence of saying “No!“
- Jesus is irrelevant to you as all these point to Him in some way.
- You Believe God lied in the first verse of The Bible and in subsequent chapters of Genesis so you cannot believe anything in The Bible as you do not know where else He lied. If you believe God did not lie but that the translation of these chapters is wrong you cannot believe anything else in it as they may have been wrongly translated.
- You do not believe what Jesus did as He believed in all these events.
- You cannot be a follower of Jesus as you do not believe what He believed.
- You worship a different God to that of The Bible and Jesus and need a different holy book you can trust in place of The Bible.
- You cannot believe anything The Bible says or use it as you believe it has error in it so by using any of it you may be promoting error.
- You do not know what else is in error.
- You cannot accept what it says about salvation and redemption as it may be incorrect.
- You need to find a god you can believe in and trust.
- You need to find a ‘Bible’ you can believe in and trust.
- You have to create your own morality without any absolute being (a god) to compare your values with you can trust completely and believe in.
- You will have to promote evolution or modify the Bible creation in some way (which is the same as rejecting what it says) and will have to promote whatever you believe in and not what God says.
- You will have trouble relating to a God you reject in part or whole as salvation is a relationship and you will compromise your salvation and even lose it.
How God’s Authority is affected by this rejection of any of these three events:
- You believe God did not create everything.
- He does not own all things as He did not make them.
- His Will is not important as He has no right to enforce it on a creation He did not created
- You can do anything with what you have, as He did not make it so you have the right to determine what to do with it.
- You do not believe He has moral authority over man as He did not create mankind.
- He has no right to punish anyone as He did not make them and cannot make moral laws for them because He is not their creator or maker.
- He has no right to judge anyone or anything in creation or to even interfere with it in any way as according to you He did not create these things so has no right of ownership or control over them.
- Jesus overcame Satan and obtained the right to control Him but as Jesus has no moral or other authority over you, you cannot use this authority to defeat Satan.
- Jesus is not necessary as there was no sin against an infinite God needing infinite sacrifice to appease.
- God has no right to destroy the earth through a flood as sin was not against Him as He had not created us to have the right to make our moral laws.
- You do not believe God has any authority to formulate or evaluate morals.
- God cannot make you obey His laws unless He makes you His prisoner and forces His Will on you because He did not create you.
- If He made you His prisoner He would not be god of Love.
- The Love of God and The Father are not relevant as we have not sinned against God to need them.
- If God shows us His love it is not because of Jesus as Jesus cannot redeem us because we have not sinned against God (there was no fall to do this and He has no right to judge us for our failings anyway).
- You are in charge of your life and purposes unless you find another god to follow and even then you will be the one determining what you believe and how you want to obey this god.
- You cannot reject any part of The Bible in part or whole as it means you cannot trust any of it or The God who wrote it.
- To do this you must believe the reasonings of men who do not believe God could create things in six days or that the other events happen.
- The only person who promotes this belief system is Satan so that those believing these things have been deluded by Satan to believe these things as God would not persuade them to believe these things.
- There are no fence sitters as there can be no grey area in belief for or against these things.
- You do not seek the scientific truth to show the possibility that God created in six days or that the other events happened
- To not believe in an infinite God, whose marks are all over creation, takes more faith to believe in men, who are finite and cannot prove what they believe is correct about creation and the deluge but only reason it from what they see and do not accept any other rational explanation because they do not really believe in God or they would accept all these events as being under the control of God.
To say Genesis Chapters 1-3 are myths or allegory, is to remove the need for Jesus and His coming as one of the major proposes for this coming to earth is for our redemption, which only is relevant if there was a fall!
You cannot trust the prophets who were used to write The bible.
Another result of not believing in Genesis chapters 1-3 is that you cannot believe anything a prophet said in the Old Testament.
God said he spoke through the prophets a prophet wrote Genesis.
If you are saying the Creation, The fall of mankind and the flood are not correctly told by Genesis, You are saying the prophet did not write what God said or that God did not speak through the prophet.
This means you cannot really trust anything prophets said in the Testament. If one prophet got it wrong how do you know others did not get it wrong?
Everything that was prophesied about Jesus cannot be believed:
- All the requirements of Him to be born as The Messiah.
- The work The Messiah would do.
- The death of The Messiah and what would accomplish.
- What the Messiah would usher in (the kingdom of God).
- All the Messiah tours and did.
What the prophets said cannot be trusted because you do not believe what a prophet wrote about in Genesis which means you cannot trust that other prophets have written.
It also means that God of the Bible lied according to you about His ability to have His Bible correctly written down and passed onto to future generations.
The Gifts and the Fivefold Ministries
People say the gifts of The Spirit no longer apply to Christians or that the roles of apostle and prophet no longer exist.
Nowhere in The Bible has God told us these things have finished and no longer apply to Christians or are no longer to be used by Christians.
Man cannot assume these no longer apply. So if you are not using the Gifts of The Spirit or believe the role of prophet or apostle no longer exists then you are adding to The Bible something that is not in it and calling God a liar.
What follows is from “The Evolution Cruncher” by Vance Ferrell, B.A., M.A. Obtainable from: Evolution Facts, Inc., Box 300, Altamont, TN 37301 USA. Printed in the United States of America. (Cover and Text Copyright © 2001)
“It is a remarkable fact that the basis of evolutionary theory was destroyed by seven scientific research findings, — before *Charles Darwin first published the theory.
Carl Linn (Carolus Linnaeus, 1707-1778) was a scientist who classified immense numbers of living organisms. An earnest creationist, he clearly saw that there were no halfway species. All plant and animal species were definite categories, separate from one another. Variation was possible within a species, and there were many sub-species. But there were no cross-overs from one species to another (*R. Milner, Encyclopaedia of Evolution, 1990, p. 276).
First Law of Thermodynamics (1847). Heinrich von Helmholtz stated the law of conservation of energy: The sum total of all matter will always remain the same. This law refutes several aspects of evolutionary theory. *Isaac Asimov calls it “the most fundamental generalization about the universe that scientists have ever been able to make” (*Isaac Asimov, “In the Game of Energy and Thermodynamics You Can’t Even Break Even,” Journal of Smithsonian Institute, June 1970, p. 6).
Second Law of Thermodynamics (1850). R.J.E. Clausius stated the law of entropy: All systems will tend toward the most mathematically probable state, and eventually become totally random and disorganized (*Harold Blum, Time’s Arrow and Evolution, 1968, p. 201). In other words, everything runs down, wears out, and goes to pieces (*R.R. Kindsay, “Physics: to What Extent is it Deterministic,” American Scientist 56, 1968, p. 100). This law totally eliminates the basic evolutionary theory that simple evolves into complex. *Einstein said the two laws were the most enduring laws he knew of (*Jeremy Rifkin, Entropy: A New World View, 1980, p. 6).
Guadeloupe Woman Found (1812). This is a well authenticated discovery which has been in the British Museum for over a century. A fully modern human skeleton was found in the French Caribbean island of Guadeloupe inside an immense slab of limestone, dated by modern geologists at 28 million years old. (More examples could be cited.) Human beings just like those living today (but sometimes larger), have been found in very deep levels of strata.
Gregor Mendel (1822-1884) was a creationist who lived and worked near Brunn (now Brno), Czechoslovakia. He was a science and math teacher. Unlike the theorists, Mendel was a true scientist. He bred garden peas and studied the results of crossing various varieties. Beginning his work in 1856, he concluded it within eight years. In 1865, he reported his research in the Journal of the Brunn Society for the Study of Natural Science. The journal was distributed to 120 libraries in Europe, England, and America. Yet his research was totally ignored by the scientific community until it was rediscovered in 1900(*R.A. Fisher, “Has Mendel’s Work Been Rediscovered?” Annals of Science, Vol. 1, No. 2, 1936). His experiments clearly showed that one species could not transmute into another one. A genetic barrier existed that could not be bridged. Mendel’s work laid the basis for modern genetics, and his discoveries effectively destroyed Brief History of Evolutionary Theory 19 the basis for species evolution (*Michael Pitman, Adam and Evolution, 1984, pp. 63-64).
Louis Pasteur (1822-1895) was another genuine scientist. In the process of studying fermentation, he performed his famous 1861 experiment, in which he disproved the theory of spontaneous generation. Life cannot arise from non-living materials. This experiment was very important; for, up to that time, a majority of scientists believed in spontaneous generation. They thought that if a pile of old clothes were left in a corner, it would breed mice! The proof was that, upon later returning to the clothes, mice would frequently be found there.) Pasteur concluded from his experiment that only God could create living creatures. But modern evolutionary theory continues to be based on that out-dated theory disproved by Pasteur: spontaneous generation (life arises from non-life). Why? Because it is the only basis on which evolution could occur. As *Adams notes, “With spontaneous generation discredited [by Pasteur], biologists were left with no theory of the origin of life at all” (*J. Edison Adams, Plants: An Introduction to Modern Biology, 1967, p. 585).
August Friedrich Leopold Weismann (1834-1914) was a German biologist who disproved *Lamarck’s notion of “the inheritance of acquired characteristics.” He is primarily remembered as the scientist who cut off the tails of 901 young white mice in 19 successive generations, yet each new generation was born with a full-length tail. The final generation, he reported, had tails as long as those originally measured on the first. Weismann also carried out other experiments that buttressed his refutation of Lamarckism. His discoveries, along with the fact that circumcision of Jewish males for 4,000 years had not affected the foreskin, doomed the theory (*Jean Rostand, Orion Book of Evolution, 1960, p. 64). Yet Lamarckism continues today as the disguised basis of evolutionary biology. For example, evolutionists still teach that giraffes kept stretching their necks to reach higher branches, so their necks became longer! In a later book, *Darwin abandoned natural selection as unworkable, and returned to Lamarckism as the cause of the never-observed change from one species to another (*Randall Hedtke, The Secret of the Sixth Edition, 1984).
The well known Solar disk theory
People believe that the solar system was formed from a cloud of dust circling the sun. Scientifically this is impossible as any clumps of matter over 3 ft (1 metre) in size would collide and destroy each other so that the biggest clump of matter would never be greater than 3 ft (1 metre) in size, let alone planetary size.
The other problem is the planets are the wrong size and in the wrong place for a solar disk of dust to have formed them. The only way they could be where they are is if God put them there as it is scientifically impossible for them to be there any other way.
The Big Bang
There are too many problems for this to have been the source of the universe and it is impossible for the universe to have been formed the way the Big Bang says.
The evidence for the above is more than this little document can deal with but I have given sites to go to if you really want to prove me wrong.”
It is all a matter of faith
Because evolution has not been proved it is still a matter of faith, just like belief in six day creation is a matter of faith.
In evolution we are asked to believe life and order resulted from nothing and chaos. God is able to make things and life from nothing, but evolutionists believe a hap-hazard process created life from nothing.
Evolution is not a theory but only a hypothesis as a theory requires some proof that it is possible.
Evolution cannot show that it is possible but only assumes it is possible. It has no evidence to base a theory on and must clutch at straws of chance and unbelievable ‘accidents’ to make its hypothesis even begin to work.
When you begin to examine evolutionary theories as to why they say things happened you will soon see their theories are improbable if not impossible and must have a greater degree of faith to defend than faith in God requires.
Creation, the Links for the Evidence
Also shows how incorrect evolutionary theories are:
And many others…..
The true history of the world and not as evolutionists need to tell it:
The Bible was written by men inspired by The Holy Ghost. If you attack the Bible you attack the Holy Ghost.
If you knowingly call into question the Bible in any way you are demeaning the Holy Spirit as He is the writer of it (Job 32:8, 1 Pet 2:21).
To doubt parts of the Bible as being accurate also questions the Holy Spirit’s credibility.
It is a brave man who questions God and The Holy Spirit’s credibility.
You either accept The Bible as it is and what it says is there or has happened or you cannot accept any part of it and worship a God different to Jesus and must find a way of salvation elsewhere, as you cannot believe any part of The Bible as you do not know what parts are not correct.
~ Through Neville Salvetti
Neville Salvetti is a deliverance minister and can be contacted via The Web Pages of Neville Salvettiand at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you desire deliverance or to know how to do it.
Neville have been told to preach three things:
♥Deliverance♥How to Hear The Holy Spirit♥How to fight Satan
This is the need of the hour as it demonstrates The Kingdom of God, which is what attracts people to Jesus.