Wherever there is darkness in our nation or in the world at large, Christ has commanded us to let our light shine before men, to use whatever means we have at our disposal to relieve the suffering of others and drive out the darkness that wraps around the lives of so many.
We are to let the light of Christ shine through us so that the darkness of despair and hopelessness might be cleared out and banished! WOW!
Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. He who follows me will not walk in the darkness,” (John 8:12).
The prophecies of the Old Testament have been fulfilled! What an impact Christ the light has had on the darkness in our lives and in the world!
Jesus IS the Light! This light exposes those dark private corners of our lives that we prefer to keep hidden.
Everything is not as neat and tidy as we thought.
There is a mess that needs to be cleaned up, and even though we have tried to hide the mess in the darkest and most private corner of our lives, the light of Jesus has shown us that there is dirt piled up there that needs cleaning out.
LIKE WHAT? (So glad you asked!)
- Our temptations and secret sins,
- those faults that we would prefer not to admit to,
- the poor way we have treated the people we love,
- the selfish attitude that we have nurtured,
- the times we have preferred to look the other way — rather than offer a helping hand.
The Light, Jesus, has come TO the world:
Think about that great Christmas Song: “Joy to the World! The Lord IS come! LET EARTH… receive…… Her KING!”
- Not to bring condemnation, but to bring salvation,
- Not to rub our noses in the dirt of those dark corners,
- But to sweep them out, to bring healing and reconciliation.
This light is freely yours.
Bask in the beauty and warmth of the sun – the Son of God.”
Jesus is the real light, the genuine light who changes things.
- He is forgiveness.
- He is hope.
- He is encouragement.
- He is a word of love.
- He is strength.
- He is what you need to lighten your personal darkness.
- He is light to every person who has need of super-human strength to see through the darkness of trouble and sickness.
- He is the light who guides us along life’s journey when we have more questions than we have answers.
- He is the light that dispels the darkness of guilt with his forgiveness and the darkness of fear when we take our last breath. He is the light of life, eternal life.
You have probably heard the words of this worship song somewhere. Medidate on the lyrics /words and maybe sing this in your heart right now and give thanks to the Light of the World for revealing His love and light into you heart!
“Here I Am To Worship” — ©Hillsong
“Light of the world,
You stepped down into darkness.
Opened my eyes, let me see.
Beauty that made this heart,
Hope of a life spend with you.
Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down,
Here I am to say that you’re my god.
You’re altogether lovely,
All together worthy.
All together wonderful to me.”
In His Shadow,
~ Mary Lindow ©
Duplication and sharing of this writing is welcomed as long as complete message and website information for Mary Lindow is included. Thank You!
” THE MESSENGER ” ~ Mary Lindow
Mary Lindow has a passion for encouraging others – all generations, careers or vocations to live expressing excellence through personal integrity, healthy accountability, and wise management of talents and skills. She’s a sought after keynote, inspirational, humorous speaker and teacher across the USA and internationally in Ministers & Spiritual leaders Conferences, and training seminars for various organizations.