Five Ways to Live an Extraordinary Life
The New Year’s holiday is a great time for people to examine their life. Many are unfulfilled and wonder how to live a unique, extraordinary life. Let me show you five proven ways to live life to the fullest.
What makes you unique is not only the way you were created, but also the way you were raised and your past experiences. It’s not always the people with the right upbringing, education or status who actually make it in life.
I used to think that I could not be successful because I did not go to college. I grew up in an area of the country that placed a high value on hiring people with college degrees, as opposed to the right person for the job. That was a tremendous obstacle for me to get past, but when I stopped letting it hold me back and started focusing on the uniqueness of how God created me, I became successful at nearly everything I did.
Living an extraordinary life because YOU are extraordinary
An extraordinary life begins by recognizing why you were created. Since we were all uniquely created for a purpose, let’s look deeper into why we were created.
- You were created uniquely by God, if for no other reason than to be loved by Him. You don’t have to repay God for the life that has been given to you. It simply brings God pleasure to give you life. It is important to realize that God is not angry with you nor does He hate you. First John 4:16 says “God is love”. An extraordinary life relishes in God’s love and the life He has already given you.
- You were created to function as part of a community. You need other people: friends, family, co-workers to stay spiritually, emotionally and relationally healthy. And they need you as well (see Romans 12:4-5). An extraordinary life connects special people, creating an environment for us to enjoy and help each other.
- You were created to grow and mature. Unfortunately many people go to school to learn, and when they get out they stop learning. We were created by God to continually improve and grow. Committing yourself to continual improvement will help you advance in your destiny much faster (Philippians 3:12-14). By growing, you will become more and more extraordinary by design.
- You were created to contribute to something greater than yourself. Contribution is a major component of our human needs. When you reach out beyond yourself, you connect with the very extraordinary nature of God in you (Luke 10:30-37).
- You were ultimately created to find and fulfill your purpose and destiny in life. (Ephesians 2:10). Finding your destiny and purpose is a journey or process that, if you make it a priority, you will find a way to get there. Doing nothing at all brings you to a destiny of dissatisfaction and feelings of failure. Destiny and purpose are the things that you were created by God to do and accomplish.
Your extraordinary destiny
God has a high calling and purpose for everybody, especially you. By operating in your high calling, you will be living an extraordinary life.
If you’d like to learn more about your destiny and purpose, please check out my online store by clicking here, where you can find tons of material that will help you on your way. Enjoy your new journey with God in 2015! May this be your greatest year yet!
~ Doug Addison
|Doug Addison is a prominent conference speaker captivating audiences with clean stand-up comedy and high energy prophetic messages which he has shared on television, radio and the internet for over a decade. Doug brings laughter, fun and a unique prophetic style while empowering people to transform their lives, discover their destiny and understand dreams, tattoos and piercings. His powerful messages stay with his audiences long after hearing him.|
Five Ways to Live an Extraordinary Life — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>