There are thousands of Christians living in China who do not own a Bible.
Yet these individuals serve God in a measure that cannot even begin to be compared with those in western countries.
Their passion, love and dedication to The LORD is extraordinary.
This should prove to us that God and only His Spirit-Person is more than enough to do exactly what Jesus said – He guides, leads, teaches, nourishes and causes us to grow when we allow Him to work and to have his way in us.
– it is The Holy Spirit who convicts of sin, righteousness and of judgement.
– it is The Holy Spirit who births his life in us.
– it is The Holy Spirit who works in us to will and to work according to His good pleasure.
– it is The Holy Spirit who abides in us.
– it is The Holy Spirit who fellowships with us and who communicates with us.
– it is also through Him that we are able to communicate with The Father.
We may lose everything else and have him and still be save.
On the other hand, we may have everything else, including stacks of Bibles, which will all be completely meaningless, without Him!
* * * * * * *
My answer might surprise you.
I believe that if you find yourself enslaved inside a controlling church structure of legalism and bondage, then you are already being persecuted!
So many Christians seem impossibly distracted from hearing God’s voice. Instead of listening to that still, small voice that brings true peace and joy, they blindly follow the voices of mainstream religion.
The worst kind of persecution for a Christian is when you are separated from the joy and presence of The Holy Spirit.”
~ Johann van der Hoven
Johann van der Hoven is in South Africa. He has been serving the Lord in ministry since 1991 and has hosted numerous apostolic revival meetings in South Africa and in South America. He also currently pioneers a organic church planting movement across South Africa. For more information about him and his ministry visit www.29Vision.co.za or Revival.