I always like to look back on my life every year. I recently turned 61 on March 8, and it’s given me time to reflect.
So, I thought I would write down some of the things I’ve learned over the course of my 61 years on this Earth and share them with you!
Here are 61 life lessons I’ve learned in 61 years
- God’s love creates deep and meaningful change.
- God sees our past, present and future — and loves us all the same!
- God’s love has completely wiped away all of our mistakes.
- Everything will eventually pass away, but love will remain.
- You can rest in the fact that whatever you’re going through will be used for your ultimate good! No matter what.
- Don’t let fear of death hold you back from living and dreaming and doing!
- God’s love is stronger than your sin and your struggles — and stronger than death!
- Boredom is simply a sign that you can change — and that you want to change.
- Sometimes your breakthrough is tied up in your willingness to try new things!
- The past is over. Today you can do something that moves you closer towards your goal.
- Habits only take a short time to establish when we become intentional and consistent.
- Taking one small step after another will bring breakthrough over time.
- God has already given you everything you need to take the next step.
- Saying “yes” to one thing doesn’t necessarily mean saying “no” to all the others.
- The hardest part of this is simply getting started.
- Every book was written one word at a time.
- Wilderness times are to get you out of your own agenda and into God’s desires for you.
- The wilderness is not meant to last forever!
- What was good to do at one point in your life may not work for you now.
- It’s important to know what you have favor in right now.
- God wants to give you more than you could ever imagine!
- It takes time to make dreams come alive.
- God wants us to see the future through the eyes of hope.
- It is good to talk with God like a son or daughter talks to a father.
- Never dismiss your dreams!
- At the root of all procrastination are false beliefs that we think are true.
- “But by the grace of God I am what I am.” 1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV.
- Don’t be discouraged by the number of books out there — there are none like yours!
- Get your hopes up! And again. And again.
- Your dreams don’t happen all on their own.
- God really does know what He’s doing!
- A.S.K. Ask, Seek, Knock.
- It’s key to allow The LORD’s love and light to rule in our own lives.
- Connect with The LORD as you would in a relationship with someone on Earth.
- You do not have to strive. God is outside of time, and He doesn’t act on our timetable!
- You stepping out in faith could be the key to someone else’s breakthrough!
- Procrastination is the false belief that says putting something off will bring a greater reward than doing it.
- “For no word from God will ever fail,” Luke 1:37 NIV.
- It is the love of money that is the root of all kinds of evil — not money itself.
- God wants to connect with you through dreams and angelic encounters.
- Not all prophetic words from God come to pass, as there are other factors that come into play.
- Whatever we focus on — the good or the bad — we will notice the most.
- God sends His angels to protect us.
- God is a good, loving Father who gives good gifts to His children.
- Try not to make any major decisions during difficult times.
- The LORD is with you, and He’s got your back covered!
- Bible verses are like a legal document between God and His children.
- God will take what was intended for evil and turn it to good!
- When you ask God to speak to you — with the expectation that He will — you begin to hear God more clearly and effectively than ever before.
- While we sleep, we can have a supernatural encounter with our fears and overcome something that is trying to hold us back from our destiny.
- Your prayers matter! God is using you strategically, even if you are not aware of it.
- God is not the giver of bad things.
- This time is a special moment that God picked specifically for us to walk the Earth and fulfill our calling.
- God sees us as we are becoming, or in our full potential.
- “Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you,” Proverbs 4:25 NIV
- Once you allow your variety of interests to intersect, that’s often when the creative, new ideas start to form.
- God has given you the gift of your life experiences.
- God wants to bless you with more than you can imagine.
- Try something new, and watch favor spring up.
- By faith is how you get a picture of who you are becoming in God.
- Perfect love is still the only thing that casts out fear.
In times like these, we need to know this now more than ever! If you agree, I’m hosting a free to help people kick fear to the curb — and you’re invited!
What would you put on your list?
I hope you find this list encouraging. What would you put on your list?
Let me know in the comments below!
~ Doug Addison
P.S. Want to get my Daily Prophetic Word?Sign up here with your email address and I’ll send it to you so you don’t miss a single one.
Want to hear more on these prophetic words for the month?Watch the replays of my recent Spirit Connection webcasts. Join me and my team for this FREE webcast on the first Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m. Pacific Time.
Doug Addisonis a prominent conference speaker captivating audiences with clean stand-up comedy and high energy prophetic messages, also shared on TV, radio and the Internet for over a decade. He brings laughter, fun and a unique prophetic style while empowering people to transform their lives, discover their destiny and understand dreams, tattoos and piercings. His powerful messages stay with his audiences long after hearing him.