“But those who hope in The LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31
A few days ago, I had a dream right before waking up.
I was standing in a large room filled with all kinds of tools. This room was at the end of a long hallway.
One wall of the room was lined with shelves and under the shelves hung tools and impressive looking gadgets. The other two walls were lined with wooden handled tools that reminded me of gardening tools.
I was thinking about the tools and the items within the shelves, as I walked out of this room into a room with large picture windows.
When I looked up, the sky was exposed. This room was enormous. It was empty except for a very large pair of claw feet in the center of the room directly under the open ceiling.
I knew these feet belonged to an Eagle. We have a pair who fly above our property and they are impressive hunters.
Being this close to this powerful bird was a little frightening. First, he towered besides me with his claw feet much larger than a welcome mat.
The Eagle’s legs were almost as tall as my waist and if I reached my arms straight up, I could touch the lower portion of his chest.
He moved his wing and his grayish but silvery feathers reminded me of heaven with their tint of white.
I marveled at the feathers gathered at the top of his claw feet. I could feel His regal strength and I knew I was about to take flight with him, but I woke up.
Throughout my day, the eagle in my dream kept coming to mind. I began thinking about the symbolism of an eagle; strength, courage, freedom, refuge and immortality.
Spring is finally here in North Idaho and it is time to prepare our garden for the season. I usually begin by getting out my stored gardening tools to prepare the soil. It’s tough work after our long winter, but I find it enjoyable.
As I work the soil, my thoughts are brought back to my dream, although I didn’t handle any of the tools, they were definitely ancient cultivating tools because they did not reflect my current day trowels or shovels.
The Parable of The Sower was brought to my mind. Thank you Holy Spirit, as I work the soil.
I hear, “Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. And as he was sowing, some seed fell along the path and the birds came and devoured it” (Mark 4:3).
Basically, this verse is about the work of grace in our souls. The seed starts out as small as a mustard seed, one of the smallest seed there is and yet it turns into a mighty plant and becomes perfected in heaven!
Let’s read about the parable of The Sower in Mark 4 – (read the entire chapter)
As I go about my day, my Dream continues to bubble and expand within me. The LORD begins sharing Scriptures — each one taking me to verses about cultivating, or taking dominion over the land!
Right away in the Book of Genesis, we are told we are made in God’s image. God has sovereign power over His creation and has delegated the authority to mankind to have dominion over the animals (Genesis 1:26 ).
David reinforces this truth:
“You made [mankind] rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet” Psalm 8:6
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
God blessed them and said to them,
“Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” Genesis 1:27-28
This verse does not mean that man was granted a particular likeness to God and prohibits us to worship any false gods. Then we are told in the following verse that God has given us every seed bearing plant on the face of the earth!
Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.” (Genesis 1:29)
Each verse takes us one more step into the deeper things of God! I am beginning to receive an understanding of our dominion and that it begins with our covenant with God.
This revelation is hidden in Psalm 25:14-15,
“The secret of The LORD is with them that fear him; And he will shew them his covenant.”
I love this so much, it’s mind blowing and brings not only confidence, but a new paradigm shift for those ready to receive it.
There are 52 verses regarding land, 7 verse cultivating and 15 verses about taking dominion over the land. I want to share this journey with you because it’s fantastic and empowering!
Right from the start in Chapter 1 of the Book of Genesis, we are told by God we rule and reign over everything:
“They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.” Genesis 1:26 NLT.
When we take dominion, we become fruitful and not only multiply, but replenish the earth, subdue it and have dominion.
Our God given dominion through our covenant of Jesus allows us to over comes every single day and over every area of our lives, we win.
There is no lack, everything we need is right here waiting to be cultivated. Isn’t this powerful?
“And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.” Genesis 1:28 KJV
So my Eagle Dream is symbolic for our dominion begins with seeking refuge under the wings of the most high, He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart (Psalm 91:4).
I can feel The Holy Spirit guiding this word, Hallelujah!
Those who seek His Presence are being lead into a new land with new tools, even ancient tools to defend their God given right with a flight to their refuge on the wings of His Great Eagle.
How comforting to dwell along with the Psalmist on the power of The LORD and his love for us, that he would be a shield, a rock, a rampart, that, “no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent” (Psalm 91:10).
This Psalm says that it is because we love him that he will protect us, rescue, answer us when we call, and satisfy us with long life. Our part is to love him and “acknowledge [his] name” (14), and he will show us his salvation (16).
We are told the woman [church] will be taken into the wilderness on the wings of a great eagle to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.
The woman was given the two wings of a great Eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach. (Revelation 12:14)
We are very aware of the time we are living, seeking The LORD’s Wings in all circumstances.
Study these 15 dominion Scriptures that I have provided below. As you read them, let them help you grow into a deeper knowledge as a disciple of Christ. Not only do we have dominion, but authority over the earth if we stay under His Wings.
Pause… for a moment, soak in this Truth — this is huge.
If we let this revelation expand and take hold within our minds and heart that the earth belongs to us in Christ Jesus, we can begin to decree and declare God’s word over our situations and lives.
First, we need to believe it and use it in every situation, so we are the VICTORS and never the victim.
This victim garment allows the enemy to harass, steal and kill us. In this truth, we shall never put on the victim garment again in the name of Jesus by the power of Jesus.
Now, we KNOW who we are. . . Satan and his devils must be evicted!!
If we look at Cain’s journey in the book of Genesis, he went from God’s radiant presence to the shadowy Land of Nod providing his departure from God’s presence. We are told he went from God’s presence to the east of Eden, the Land of Nod (Genesis 4:16).
The term “presence of The LORD” represents Eden. The Garden of Eden is a place of pristine abundance and beauty or a physical symbol of God’s presence among His people.
And when we take a look at the word “Nod” it translates in Hebrew to “wandering” which is a symbol of casting spiritual wilderness and the departure from God’s warmth or presence.
We know our journey with God commences at salvation and from that moment, the Holy Spirit indwells permanently in us, signaling God’s constant presence — a concept known as “intimate fellowship”.
“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?” 1 Corinthians 6:19
However, we have learned that our spiritual journey requires an active, conscious communion with God which demands effort and dedication.
This is basically my entire podcast and blogging journey represents. Remember we are leaky, we need to consistently seek The LORD to be filled by His Spirit.
Our world demands and requires our attention at every turn. Making many of us stumble into our own version of the Land of Nod by neglecting or forgetting to pray.
Life’s disruptions can lead us away from our intimate fellowship with The Father, pushing us into the spiritual wilderness and distancing ourselves from God’s Voice.
Yet, we can find our path back to His warm embrace through repentance, reviving our devotional life, reigniting our zeal by serving etc., to rekindle our relationship with God. This is the way path back to the light of His Presence.
Knowing this, it’s essential to resist temptations that might lead us away from God’s nurturing voice and into the barren, desolate landscape of the Land of Nod.
Let’s take ownership or dominion over the earth! This not only takes head knowledge but we must cultivate the words within our hearts.
If you are like me, you may need to visit the tool room I shared because our hearts need cultivating by our experiences of wounding, abandonment, generational curses and many other reasons spoken of in His Word.
For now, let’s focus on sowing the following verse so they can grow like the mustard seed within our hearts.
It can be narrowed down to a 2-step process.
- Understand dominion: our God given covenant over the earth
- Claim dominion: the action or structure to subdue the earth
First step is to meditate on the following verses for the next 7 days so you may take dominion over the earth.
I will share step 2 as The LORD is still expanding the message.
- “Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”” Genesis 1:26 KJV
- “And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.” Genesis 1:28 KJV
- “And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck.” Genesis 27:40 KJV
- “Then he made him that remaineth have dominion over the nobles among the people: The LORD made me have dominion over the mighty.” Judges 5:13 KJV
- “Dominion and fear belong to Him; He makes peace in His high places.” Job 25:2
- “You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet.” Psalm 8:6
- “Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me.” Psalm 19:13
- “Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall be consumed in the grave, far from their dwelling.” Psalm 49:14
- “He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth.” Psalm 72:8
- “Direct my steps by Your word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me.” Psalm 119:133
- “Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.” Luke 10:19 ESV
- “Knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.” Romans 6:9
- “For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.” Romans 6:14
- “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.” Ephesians 1:17-21
- “To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.” 1 Peter 5:11 KJV
Praying you are stirred by this message and encouraged to sit at the feet of our Savior, Jesus!
~ Angela Reese
Angela is the owner of “Springs of Zion” website, to encourage and equip those still in wandering, or in captivity, to find our Savior in His Holy Tabernacle.