Zacharias & Elisabeth had been faithful before the Lord and waiting for their time when the fullness of manifestation was to come forth. When the time came along allot more than their assignment begin to take place. It was time for visitation.
Lord knows we could all preach these scriptures but the Lord spoke to me to share in this word so that we can prep for the time of visitation is quickly approaching. We must make sure that our waiting doesn’t interfere with what the Father is preparing in this hour.
- They were chosen, the time came when Zacharias was chosen to go and burn incense in the temple. (it was his priestly assignment) And while on duty — The angel of the Lord appeared. Your waiting to do what is required of you is a part of the process and can determine what God will prepare for you when the time comes.
- Then while they were obedient the visitation occurred — Be ready no matter what –> even when you have been waiting and you haven’t seen anything yet. The angel confirmed his prayers. While Zacharias had been waiting — his mind wavered between belief and unbelief. How do we know? The angel told him not to fear. And the angel had to ultimately deal with what he said.
- Zacharias looked at his natural state and said to him, how would that be possible because of how old they had become. Many times the greatest battle that we face is the one that occurs in our mind — too much time has passed — wavering back and forward. These things will affect one’s conviction of faith. Now that so much time has passed why should we believe that the miracle will happen? (Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks).
- God shut the mouth of Zacharias (because during the waiting), his wavering thoughts between the faith of what God can do and listening to the enemy whisper into his ears unbelief became resident in his heart. He spoke against what God was about to do.
- When he came out of the temple—he could not speak but the people looked at him and knew that something special had happened. So while the birthing process was coming forth — He didn’t say a word, not a sound, a travail, not an utterance. During his waiting he would have to come to grips with what he was thinking and the battle that he allowed to ensue in his heart. It was time for him to see what God was about to do — the battle he allowed to go on in his mind kept him out of an important part of the process but he would never forget this experience.
- When the time of delivery/manifestation came — it was told by Elisabeth that his name would be John but the people saying that there were none in their family named so. They turned to Zacharias and he motioned for a pad and wrote down John, immediately his tongue was loosed and the utterance came forth. The Lord bore witness by fact that Zacharias was able to speak for he had witnessed the work of the Lord that came forth despite all impossibilities.
- In short the time of birthing and visitation has come and no matter what has been going on in our heads, our thoughts, our mindsets, our opinions, or our theories. God’s word is true. Just because we have all been waiting don’t let the whispers of unbelief cloud your vision. And don’t let words of unbelief come out of your mouth. Didn’t the Lord say it — then He shall bring it to pass.
Prophet Phyllis Ford of Phyllis Ford Ministries is called by God’s grace as a prophet to the nations; now in ministry for 27 years. With yearly and monthly Words, she and husband Apostle Miles release the Word of the Lord via their website. Her ministry emphasises the Watchman call and duty in governance, as she teaches prophetic schools of ministry, intercession and deliverance workshops and tours worldwide, speaking into the lives of ministry leaders, encouraging prayer, and releasing regional strategies.