The Jesus No Man Has Seen, Can See;
The Jesus We See
In 1 Timothy 6:14-16, Paul, talking about our LORD Jesus Christ, described Him as, “Whom no man has seen or can see.” What?
Didn’t Paul himself see Jesus? The LORD’s disciples walked with Him in the days of His Flesh.
From the day He rose from the dead, Jesus appeared to hundreds of people till He ascended to Heaven while they were looking at Him.
Many still see Jesus today — in fact, increasingly so.
What then does Paul mean by saying, “no man has seen or can see….” Jesus?
The Jesus no man has seen or can see, is The Form of God He was in Heaven before He came to the earth in the form of man.
The Jesus no man has seen or can see, is His Form of God dwelling in Unapproachable Light in
The Glory which He had with The Father before the world was, before He created mankind, (1 Timothy 6:16; John 17:5).
No man, in this body of death can see God and live. As such, The LORD Jesus Christ, in His God Form just as The Father is (Philippians 2:5,6), no man, in this body, has ever seen or can see.
And, as He prayed to The Father for us, The LORD desires that we be with Him where He is (at The Right Hand of The Father), to behold His Glory which The Father has given Him, (John 17:24.).
No man since the fall has seen God in His FULL Glory while still in this body of death. God is so HOLY and so POWERFUL that no man with this body of sin can see Him and live. His body will BURN instantly.
We are only able to see THE Jesus Who walked on earth because He was manifested in The Flesh like ours.
Generally though, Who is Jesus?
- The foremost truth to believe and obey is that Jesus Christ is THE Son of God! He is The Only-begotten Son of The Father. This one belief overcomes the power of darkness.
“Who is he who overcomes the world [of the devil, darkness], but he who believes that Jesus is The Son of God?” 1 John 5:5.
“And The Word became Flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His Glory, The Glory as of The Only begotten of The Father, full of Grace and Truth.” John 1:14.
“For God so loved the world [mankind] that He gave His Only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have Everlasting Life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.” John 3:16-17.
“And suddenly a Voice came from Heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased.“ Matthew 3:17.
“While he [Peter] was still speaking, behold, a Bright Cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a Voice came out of The Cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!“” Matthew 17:5.
- Jesus is The Son of Man. What does this mean? He is God manifested in the flesh of man.
“And without controversy great is The Mystery of Godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles [nations], Believed on in the world, Received up in Glory.” 1 Timothy 3:16.
This Truth GREATLY confounds and devastates the devil and his angels. They can’t say It. It torments them fiercely!
“By this you know The Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Anti-Christ, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.” 1 John 4:2-3.
You can torment the devil and his angels by commanding them to confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh. As part of our warfare, we are authorised by God to overcome them by punishing them, (1 Corinthians 10:4 – 6).
- Jesus is The Lamb of God, The Passover Lamb, sacrificed on The Cross for our sins! Oh THANK You Jesus!!!
“The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” John 1:29.
“For He [God The Father] made Him Who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become The Righteousness of God in Him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21.
“But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, every one, to his own way; and The LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His Mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so He opened not His Mouth.” Isaiah 53:5-7.
- Release, deliverance, setting free, freedom from the prison of sin and all bondage, is in Jesus Christ ALONE.
“In Him we have Redemption [the release, setting free, deliverance from sin and sickness; all bondages] through His Blood, The Forgiveness of sins, according to The Riches of His Grace,” Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:14.
Without controversy, Jesus Christ is The One, The ONLY Man “in Whom we have Redemption through His Blood, the forgiveness of sins.” (Colossians 1:14).
- Jesus Christ is THE ONLY MEANS to God. The Only Mediator between God and man.
Thomas asked THE MOST IMPORTANT question ever asked.
And The LORD Jesus gave THE MOST IMPORTANT Answer, The Life-giving Answer — which every man must know and believe.
“Thomas said to Him, “LORD, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know The Way?”
Jesus said to him, “I AM The Way, The Truth, and The Life. No one comes to The Father except through Me,”” John 14:5-6 emphasis added.
“I AM The Door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find Pasture.“ John 10:9.
“For there is One God and One Mediator between God and men, The Man Christ Jesus, Who gave Himself a Ransom for all, to be testified in due time,” 1 Timothy 2:5-6.
- He is The Resurrection and The Life: The ONLY One in Whom and by Whom we those who believe and OBEY Him are raised to Eternal Life with God in The Fullness of Joy and unimaginable pleasures forever; we shall never die (the second death of eternal torment in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, Revelation 20:11-15).
“Jesus said to her, “I AM The Resurrection and The Life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26.
“I AM He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I AM alive forevermore. Amen. And I have The Keys of hades and of death.” Revelation 1:18.
- He is The Light of the world, and of The New Jerusalem, our Eternal Home. He is The True Light, The Great Light.
- Jesus Christ is the EXACT physical Manifestation of God The Father.
“He is The Image of The Invisible God, The Firstborn over all creation,” Colossians 1:15.
“Philip said to Him, “LORD, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.” Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen The Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?” John 14:8-9.
(Please see also 2 Corinthians 4:4; Hebrews 1:3).
- ALL of God is in Jesus Christ. THIS IS unlimitedly massive! This is highly faith-building. This gives GREAT boldness when you meditate on It. In Jesus Christ dwells The Fullness of The Godhead in Bodily Form, and we ARE complete in Him, (Colossians 2:9-10).
- JESUS CHRIST is God! Hallelu-YAH! He is MIGHTY God, (Colossians 9:6-7).
Oh yes, we are “looking for The Blessed Hope and Glorious Appearing of our GREAT God and Saviour Jesus Christ,” Titus 2:13.
This is exclusive “to those who have obtained like precious faith with us by The Righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 1:1).
Hear God The Father speaking to Jesus: “...to the Son He says: “Your Throne, O God, is forever and ever; A Scepter of Righteousness is The scepter of Your Kingdom.” (Hebrews 1:8).
- The LORD Jesus Christ is our Healer.
We are healed by The Wounds from the flesh-tearing, merciless beatings, nail and spear piercings The King of kings, The LORD of Glory suffered for our sins.
The Son of God is The One “Who Himself bore our sins in His Own Body on The Tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness — by Whose Stripes you were healed.” 1 Peter 2:24.
“But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His Stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5.
We are healed by The Blood of Jesus.
As The Holy Spirit said to me in a dream some time ago, “The Blood of Jesus is perfect and Divine. It has no defective cells; that’s why It can heal.”
- Jesus Christ is The Creator Person of God. And through Him and for Him were all things created!
“For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.” Colossians 1:16.
- The Father wants us to know specifically that His Son created the earth and space and all things in them. And that Jesus will soon destroy them (having been corrupted by sin), and create new heavens and a new earth for us who are in Christ Jesus.
“But to The Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; a Scepter of Righteousness is The Scepter of Your Kingdom. And: “You, LORD , in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your Hands. They will perish, but You remain; and they will all grow old like a garment; like a cloak You will fold them up, and they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not fail.” Hebrews 1:8, 10-12.
“But The Day of The LORD will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and Godliness, looking for and hastening The Coming of The Day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His Promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.” 2 Peter 3:10-13.
- Jesus is The One sustaining, upholding all things, and in Him all things hold together.
The Son of God is “…upholding all things by The Word of His Power…” (Hebrews 1:3). “…in Him all things consist.” (Colossians 1:17).
- He is The Owner of ALL THINGS! Thus, all things were created by Him, for Him and are sustained in Him by Him — by The Word of His Power, (Hebrews 1:3)..
- He is The Originator of Life, (Acts 3:15).
- Jesus Christ is The Power of God, (1 Corinthians 1:24).
- He is Wisdom, The Wisdom of God, The Greater than-Solomon here with us.
In Jesus are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, (1 Corinthians 1:24; Matthew 12:42; Colossians 2:2, 3).
- Jesus Christ is The Blessed and ONLY Sovereign, The King of kings and LORD of lords.
“…He Who is The Blessed and Only Potentate, The King of kings and LORD of Lords, Who alone has immortality, dwelling in Unapproachable Light, Whom no man has seen or can see, to Whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.” 1 Timothy 6:15-16 .
- Jesus Christ is The Boss of The Church.
“And He is The Head of The Body, The Church, Who is The Beginning, The Firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.” Colossians 1:18.
- The LORD Jesus ALONE is The Builder of His Church — against Which the gates of hell cannot prevail!
Some people build church for themselves. Some others build church for The LORD. And the gates of hell prevail against all these human-built churches; fleshly-built churches.
Only The Church built by The Head of The Church, Jesus Christ will the gates of hell not prevail against.
“…I will build My Church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.” Matthew 16:18.
- Jesus Christ is The Head over all things to The Church. He controls and subjects all things to us, (Ephesians 1:22). All things are under His Feet for us.
- He is The Firstborn (The Father’s Divine and FOREMOST/ Preeminent Son with all POWER and authority over all things).
He MUST have The Preeminence (the first place, utmost honour and importance) in all things, in our lives, (Colossians 1:18).
- He is The Firstborn from the dead.
Jesus Christ is The very FIRST of God’s Offspring to have risen from the dead and dies no more.
Lazarus and all other men who were raised from the dead died again. All saints raised from the dead died again until The Rapture when the dead in Christ will rise first. Jesus Christ ALONE rose from the dead and lives.
Jesus Christ, having been raised from the dead by The Glory of The Father, dies no more. Hallelu-YAH! And therein is our POWER, Resurrection Power!
As The LORD Himself GLORIOUSLY declared, “I AM He Who lives, and was dead, and behold, I AM alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death,” Revelation 1:18.
Jesus Christ has the keys of hades and of death, (Revelation 1:18). He took and holds the keys of hades and death, TRIUMPHING over them in The Cross! PRAISE The LORD!
- The LORD is The Spirit, and has The Seven Spirits of God and The Seven Stars, (2 Corinthians 3:17; Revelation 3:1).
- Jesus is He Who supplies The Holy Spirit to us.
- Jesus Christ is The Head of all principality and power. The evil one and his evil lot are under Him.
He is far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come, (Colossians 2:9; Ephesians 1:20, 21; 1 Peter 3:22).
- In Him dwells The Fullness of The Godhead in Bodily For. Jesus Christ is God in human body; “God manifested in the flesh” (1 Timothy 3:16); “For it pleased The Father that in Him all The Fullness should dwell,” (Colossians 2:9;1:19).
- “And of His Fullness we have all received, and grace upon,” John 1:16.
Our pursuit and attainment in Christ is to obtain His Fullness — till we all come to the unity of The Faith and of The Knowledge of The Son of God, to a perfect man, to The Measure of The Stature of The Fullness of Christ, (Ephesians 1:23; 3:19; 4:13).
- In Him all things consist (hold together) (Colossians 1:17).
- God, according to His Good Pleasure which He purposed in Himself, is working it all out that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in One all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth — in Him.
In other words, because of Satan’s sin in the beginning during the first universe, and man’s sin in this current universe, all sin-affected things were separated from The HOLY God.
Hence, by Jesus Christ all things are now being reconciled by God to Himself, both things on earth and things in heaven, having made peace through The Blood of His Cross, (Ephesians 1:9-10; Colossians 1:20).
- In Christ Jesus we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to The Purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, (Ephesians 1:11).
- The Son of God, who has Eyes like a flame of fire, and His Feet like fine brass, and His Voice as the sound of many waters, (Revelation 2:18;1:15).
- The LORD Jesus Christ is He Who has The Sharp Two-edged Sword. And out of His Mouth goes The Sharp Two-edged Sword, (Revelation 2:12;1:16).
Use The Sword of His Mouth to FIGHT and STRIKE the evil one to DEAL with him. Just pray and say so by faith and in faith.
- The Son of God is The Brightness of God’s Glory, (Hebrews 1:3).
If you see Jesus in just a little bit of His Heavenly Glory, you will fall at His Feet as dead, (Revelation 1:17).
- His Countenance is like the sun shining in its strength. (Revelation1:16).
- All things start and end with Jesus Christ. Yes, He IS The Alpha and the Omega, The Beginning and Tthe End, The First and The Last.
- The LORD Jesus Christ is The Beginning of God’s creation, The Originator and Creator of all things, (Revelation 3:14).
- The LORD Jesus Christ, having achieved The Cross for us and ascended to Heaven, The Father gave Him a SPECIAL White Horse on which He judges and makes war.
- Jesus is The Amen, The Faithful and True Witness, Who is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war, (Revelation 3:14;19:11).
- In His making war for our sakes, He is clothed with a Robe dipped in His Blood (meaning He makes war with the principalities and powers triumphing over them in The Cross), and His Name is called The Word of God. (Revelation 19:13).
- Now out of His Mouth goes a Sharp Sword, that with It He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads The Winepress of The Fierceness and Wrath of Almighty God. (Revelation 19:15).
- He has on His Robe and on His Thigh a Name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. (Revelation 19:16).
- The LORD Jesus Christ is The Lion of Judah; He FAITHFULLY provides for us, and FIERCELY protects and preserves us for His Heavenly Kingdom.
- Jesus Christ is He Who is Holy, He Who is True, He Who has The Key of David, He Who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens, (Revelation 3:7).
- Jesus is Our High Priest FOREVER, The Minister of The Sanctuary and of The True Tabernacle which The LORD effected, and not man, (Hebrews 8:2).
He is our MERCIFUL and FAITHFUL High Priest in things pertaining to God, (Hebrews 2:17; 4:14,15; 5:6; 6:20; 7:22-25; 8:1-2; 9:11, 24; 10:21).
Let us go before Him always to minister to Him and be ministered to by Him.
Oh, THANK God for Jesus Christ His Son!
There is no end to WHO and WHAT Jesus is and does.
Do you know any other Identity of Jesus in Scripture?
If you do, please note them below in the comments section.
“The LORD Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.” 2 Timothy 4:22.
“Farewell” Acts 15:29.
~ Jacob Awagah
Jacob Awagah, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus, (2 Timothy 1:1).
“And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,” Hebrews 5:9.