Did you know that a great way to hear God can be through your dreams at night?
Though not all dreams are from God, once you understand how God speaks through symbolic language, then you can trust to be guided this way.
Over one-third of the Bible is made up of dreams and visions. Jesus often spoke in parables, and dreams are very similar to “night parables.”
There are several types of night dreams that actually reveal clues about your life dreams or your destiny.
After interpreting thousands of dreams for people, I began to notice a common pattern. Some dreams that people have seem to indicate that there is something more for them to fulfill in their lives.
Here are a few dreams that you can watch for and I have offered some tips on how you can respond:
1. Recurring dreams: A recurring dream can be an indicator that God wants to either do something new in your life or that He is drawing your attention to change something. Once you either establish the new behavior or take care of the issues, these recurring dreams will stop.
2. Flying without an airplane: These dreams indicate higher destinies for you to fulfill. You have creativity and the ability to rise above situations. You also have great flexibility.
3. Running or being chased: Is something evil trying to get you in your dream? It is showing you that the enemy wants to stop you from something good. The positive part of this is that you have a destiny to help people. Why else would something try to stop you? The key is to not be afraid and begin to ask God to show you what it is you are destined to do.
4. Negative dreams or nightmares: Nightmares are similar to the running o r being chased dreams. Negative and fearful things are never God’s will for your life. Because these types of dreams show Satan’s plans and not God’s will, you need to flip them around and begin to pray for the opposite to happen. The only true reality for you is God’s intentions.
5. Showing up late: This dream is showing you that there is something that you are called or destined to do, but you are currently lagging in the process of accomplishing it. It is a heads-up to be more diligent in your pursuit.
6. Being naked: Dreaming of having no clothes on in public is a common dream and it is actually positive. It shows that you are open and transparent with others. This could be an indicator of the type of vocation or gifting you have. Most likely people feel safe around you and they may even talk to you about their problems, meaning you have the ability to help people through counsel or advice.
7. Being in school: These dreams indicate that you are in a time of learning new things. This is valuable time in developing yourself for your life purpose.
8. Having a baby or being pregnant: Babies are symbolic of new life. They are usually not literal, but instead symbolic of something new coming. A new job, ministry, gift, idea or something creative is coming to you.
9. Teeth coming loose or falling out: This indicates the need to get wisdom or advice about your situation.
How to respond:
- First, write your dreams down and pray for the interpretation.
- Begin to notice these dreams and other patterns in your life as our destiny is often like a connect-the-dots drawing and things tend to unfold more over time.
- Hold on to your dreams and be open to them being fulfilled in ways that may surprise you.
Bonus invitation: Do you want to better understand what God is saying to you through your dreams? Take the next step and join me for the Destiny Dream Interpretation online workshop.
In this brand new extended dream intensive online workshop I’m hosting this Saturday, March 19, I’ll be teaching you everything you need to know to get started on becoming your own dream interpreter.
Plus, I’ll be leaving plenty of time to do live dream interpretations—and interpret many of your dreams live! Sign up to save your spot here. (Busy on Saturday? No problem. When you pre-register, you’ll get lifetime access to the replay and teaching notes.)
~ Doug Addison
P.S. Want to get a short prophetic word in your inbox each day? Sign up to get my Daily Prophetic Words for free — and receive confirmation and encouragement about what God is doing.
|Doug Addison is a prominent conference speaker captivating audiences with clean stand-up comedy and high energy prophetic messages which he has shared on television, radio and the internet for over a decade. Doug brings laughter, fun and a unique prophetic style while empowering people to transform their lives, discover their destiny and understand dreams, tattoos and piercings. His powerful messages stay with his audiences long after hearing him.|