I am certain that we definitely need an Altar Worker’s Class to be taught by persons with character and integrity, because from what I’m seeing, the wrong people been training people.
- You need to be a born again believer, filled with the Holy Ghost.
- Need to be delivered from demonic spirits,
- Need to have a prayer life and relationship with God.
- Need to have discernment wisdom and knowledge.
- Should know warfare.
- Should know how to cast out devils.
- Should walk in Love.
- When praying for someone:
- If touching their stomach, hands should not be laid below the belly button.
- If touching their chest hands should be closer to the neck area not breast.
- men should use a woman hand as the contact as they lay hands and women
should use a man.
- Men should refrain from running his hands over a women body and women visa versa with the men.
- When catching women, if you are a man it should be two. The men lock either hands or grip each other arm behind the woman at the upper torso grab the hand of the woman and guide her down. Never grab under her underarms touching her breast area. Never grab her around her lower body, near her intimate parts. Don’t stand directly behind her as most women bend over or back up as they praise God and often she will back into the person behind.
- Women only deal with the men, if there are absolutely no man to help. Don’t stand directly behind as I have seen many get physically hurt.
- Be careful that you never handle those that are beyond your ability to handle by yourselves. I have seen people get pulled muscles back injuries black eyes broken noses busted lips broken bones trying to deal with wild people.
- Hygiene is a must for altar workers. Having body odors and bad breath is a sure way to bring people out of worship and distracting causing them to forfeit a move of God.
- This is not the time to start your own miniature prayer lines trying to build a platform. Follow protocol. It’s not an opportunity to start flexing your spiritual muscles.
- When praying for people, laying on top of them is a no no. This is not the time to have secret molestation tactics on somebody.
- Never touch or start praying for someone while the preacher is dealing with them. While the preacher is talking and prophesying it’s not your position to start laying hands unless given permission or for you to be hollering in their ear drowning the preacher out.
- Be watchful on the altar this is not the time to be distracted or off focus. Pay attention.
- If you are the one that is covering the people you need to be watchful so that you will be alert to cover those male/female that may show their goods.
- You can’t work the altar with unforgiveness hatred anger jealousy and things in your heart against people.
- Please dress appropriate when working the altar. No breast out. No mini dresses. No tight pants. No hairy chest out. No splits up to your thighs. These are distractions and seducing attire.
- Remain prayerful at all times. It’s not the time to be engaging in unnecessary conversations with others to be joking and playing.
- Do not bring your cell phone with you to work the altar. This not the time to answer personal call.
These are just a few things but a altar workers class is definitely needful because people are doing to much on these altars.
~ Apostle Barbara R. Thomas
|Apostle Barbara R. Thomas is founder of I Come to Heal Ministries, A Woman’s touch Ministry, The Next Dimension Global Outreach Ministries and Spoken Word School of Ministry and she is on a mission traveling the world proclaiming the Gospel for soul to be won to the Kingdom of God. She has a mandate on her life to help brings others to their divine purpose.|