I heard, “Be of good cheer, it is I, be not afraid.”
And I saw Jesus walking upon on the Seas of the world, coming to His people as He did His disciples, with this marvelous Light in His eyes and a smile upon His Face. He is not worried, Child of God, and neither should we be afraid.
“Be of good cheer” occurs 8 times in the New Testament. 8 is the number of NEW BEGINNINGS, RESURRECTION and REGENERATION.
We will superabound by the Spirit in the midst of the storms. The Spirit is announcing, “BE OF GOOD CHEER. In the world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”
“Beloved. Be of good cheer. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. The Comforter has come. As I came to the disciples in the midst of a stormy sea, so I come to you.
I have not left you as orphans, My Child. I never leave nor forsake you. Look into the Eyes of Love. The Light in My Eyes will cheer your heart and bring you Joy.
The thief comes but to kill steal and destroy, but I bring LIFE and LIFE abundantly. I will cause you to super abound as you keep your eyes upon Me. Your sins are forgiven, your faith makes you whole.
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
The Light in My Eyes brings you healing and quickening power. The sea of chaos is subject to He who walks upon it. And also to the sons and daughters of God.
He who has an ear, let him hear what The Spirit says to the Church. It is the time of new beginnings, renewal and regeneration in My Resurrection Power. Hear what the Spirit is saying, Beloved. “Be of good cheer, it is I, be not afraid.”
Strong’s G2293: Tharseo: Occurs 8 times in New Testament. To be of good courage, good cheer, be of good comfort.
The number 8 means new beginnings. It is a symbol of Resurrection and Regeneration. A new order or creation, and man’s true ‘born again’ event when he is resurrected from the dead into eternal life. In Hebrew the number eight is Sh’moneh, from the root Shah’mey; “to make fat,” “cover with oil,” “to super-abound.”
“The LIGHT OF THE EYES cheers the heart, and good news nourishes the bones. He who listens to life-giving reproof will dwell among the wise,”Proverbs 15:30-31.
The light of the eyes — The brightness which shines in the eyes of one whose heart and face are alike full of joy. Such a look acts with a healing and quickening power.
Life-giving: Strong’s Hebrew 2416: living, alive; green (of vegetation) ; flowing, fresh (of water); lively, active (of man); reviving (of the springtime);L ife of sustenance, maintenance; revival, renewal (© Barnes’ Notes on the Bible)
1. Matthew 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; G2293 thy sins be forgiven thee.
2. Matthew 9:22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; G2293 thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.
3. Matthew 14:27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; G2293 it is I; be not afraid.
4. Mark 6:50 For they all saw him, and were troubled. And immediately he talked with them, and saith unto them, Be of good cheer: G2293 it is I; be not afraid.
5. Mark 10:49 And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, G2293 rise; he calleth thee.
6. Luke 8:48 And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: G2293 thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.
7. John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; G2293 I have overcome the world.
8. Acts 23:11 And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, G2293 Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.
~ Deborah Waldron Fry