Let me tell those whom the devil is using, you can’t try to build a ministry or your reputation, thinking you can destroy somebody’s reputable and proven ministry.
This foolishness in the Body of Christ is going to stop. You cannot lie and be deceitful and allow others to pump you up to fight against people, when you don’t know the truth of a matter.
Where is the discernment of the saints of God?
Not only that, how do Leaders get into the middle of situations and take sides? And what’s worst, is when you involved persons who are unsaved in Christian disputes, and cause them to develop an attitude with the church and preachers.
The blood will be on your hands for these souls!
God is definitely not pleased with the shenanigans of His people, and certainly when you involved innocent people through lies.
This is the reason I have witnesses when I deal with people in this hour.
I’m going to give you the advice my lawyer gave me one time before, when I found myself suing a person. They said:
- Always have a witness when you dealing with people whom you feel especially uneasy about. It is a safeguard against false accusations.
- Keep all phone calls and text. Be sure you have date and time intact on them, so that you can pinpoint them.
- Keep the evidence, so you can sue if necessary for defamation of character.
In ministry your name is important, so you want to make sure your name is not tarnished.
- If necessary, file a police report.
Make sure your information is correct, because filing a false report is a criminal offense and is punishable by law.
- If other parties get involved, make sure you get their names exactly correct.
Save any correspondence they may have made to you.
- Try to resolve the situation with godly leaders if possible.
Find some leaders with wisdom knowledge and have been in ministry for awhile.
You don’t want a novice or somebody with no wisdom.
- Never allow anybody to cause you to say things in anger.
Always stay calm and keep a level head.
Words spoken in anger can be damaging.
- Leaders, when trying to resolve conflicts between two persons, make sure you cover yourself with witnesses and evidence.
Sometimes your reputation will cover you, especially if you’re known in ministry.
People will lie on you also, just for helping.
- Usually, before I deal with people, I have them sign or give a verbal agreement that I record and can be usable in court.
I also make the parties sign a agreement that what is discussed will not go outside the room and the people involved cannot disclosed any information with anyone else.
This keeps others from being involved and causing more trouble.
- Another thing my leader taught me, is that you don’t have to address a lie or defend yourself to your friends.
If they know you, they know your character and integrity and some things they know, you won’t do or say.
For the others who are messy and full of ungodliness, it doesn’t matter what you say, they will believe and spread a lie.
Don’t worry about them.
They are non-factors.
They are not important enough for you to be upset about.
- Make sure you keep anything that publicly involves you, that can be consider bullying, or a terrorist threat or harassment, as some things have driven persons to depression or suicide.
These are criminal offenses.
These are a few things that can help keep down confusion in the Body of Christ when there are disputes, when maturity is not involved.
One thing my leader taught me is to be slow to speak and slow to act, so when I come to defuse situations, I already have instructions from God as to how to handle it.
Sometimes the Good Samaritan is attacked also, but as leaders.
It’s our responsibility to stand on the principles of the word of God and do what is necessary to keep the peace among the brethren and sisters in God’s Kingdom.
It’s sad we have to watch our backs from those whom we should be able to love and trust.
~ Apostle Barbara R. Thomas
Apostle Barbara R. Thomas is founder of I Come to Heal Ministries, A Woman’s touch Ministry, The Next Dimension Global Outreach Ministries and Spoken Word School of Ministry and is on a mission, traveling the world, proclaiming the Gospel, for souls to be won to the Kingdom of God. She has life mandate to help bring others to their divine purpose.