Original post authorship by Brendon Powell.
There seems to be more than one Jesus to choose from these days.
Which one is the true Jesus and who am I following?
- There’s a ‘seeker friendly’ Jesus, he’s the one who will not offend anyone in anyway. He loves everyone no matter what they do.
- There’s a ‘sow and reap’ Jesus, he made a covenant with man so that man could sow his seed and reap wealth and happiness on earth and then go to heaven when he dies.
- There’s a ‘blend in with the world’ Jesus, he wants us to look like, act like, and be like the world in order to reach the lost.
- There’s a never-ending grace’ Jesus, his ‘grace’ covers us no matter what we do or how we live.
- There’s a ‘just believe’ Jesus. As long as you truly believe in your heart, you’re saved.
- There’s a ‘name it claim it’ Jesus. You name it; anything and it’s yours! If you don’t get it, it’s because you lack faith. It’s your fault.
- There’s a ‘carnal’ Jesus. He doesn’t expect you to overcome sin, he understands you’re just carnal.
- There’s a ‘heart dwelling’ Jesus. All you have to do is ask him into your heart and voilà, he’s there. You’re going to heaven!
- There’s the Jesus who said “Repent and believe the gospel, the Kingdom of God is at hand.” – Mark 1:15
- He said, “Deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Him.” – Luke 9:23-25
- He said without Him you are already condemned. – John 3:18
- He said He came to save the world – John 3:16
- He said unless you forsake all you have, you cannot be His disciple. – Luke 14:33
- He said if we love anyone more than Him we are not worthy of Him. – Matthew 10:37-39
- He said if you love this life you’ll lose it. – John 12:25-26
- He said you cannot serve God and money. – Matthew 6:24
- He said fear God who can destroy both body and soul in hell. – Matthew 10:28
- He said be extreme in your war against sin. – Matthew 18:8-9
- He said love God with all your heart, soul and mind and your neighbour as yourself. – Matthew 22:37-39
- He said He is the light of the world. – John 8:12
- He said the gate is narrow and the way is difficult and few find it. – Matthew 7:13-14
- He said those who believe in Him but work iniquity will be cast out. – Matthew 7:21-23
- He said you’ll be hated for His name’s sake, but if you endure to the end, you’ll be saved. – Matthew 10:22
- He said I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by Me. – John 14:6
Which Jesus do you serve?