What does The LORD want to develop in you?
“Being confident of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ,” Philippians 1:6.
“Cast not away your confidence in The LORD which has great recompense of reward, for you have need of patience so that you after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise,” Hebrews 10:35-36.
How does this take place in the life of the believer?
“Faith comes by hearing, and hearing (Rhema) by the Word of God,” Romans 10:17.
We all need assurance in our lives, don’t we?
We don’t always feel confident in our walk with The LORD, especially when we are not hearing Him at times, when we are going through a dry time, or faced with a difficult situation we can’t seem to find an answer for.
But at just the right time, He sends forth a rhema Word to us that lifts us up, that gives us a renewed assurance of His Hand being upon us, to show us that He “will never leave us or forsake us.”
He renews our confidence to believe!
Since Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our faith, He is the assurance of things hoped for, He is the evidence, by the power and revelation of the Holy Spirit, of things not seen.
This in turn leads us into a level of competence in our walk with Him. Not so much as a “know it all ” competence, but the rising level of competence in our ability to hear His Voice.
Jesus said, “My sheep know My Voice; I know them, and they follow Me.” John 10:27.
I believe that the confidence level that He is developing in us is leading us into the competence level He is instilling in us for our walk with Him.
So that we will truly be confident of this very thing.
He wants us to be confident in our approach to Him, so that we will be competent with our obedience to Him.
Therefore, let the Word of God dwell in you richly.
“If you love Me you will obey Me.” (John 14:15)
Here are some examples that will display the competence level He is leading you into:
- He taught you how to pray. “Our Father, Who art in Heaven.”
- He taught you how to believe. “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”
- He taught you to approach the Father. “I am the door of the sheep. No one can come to the Father except through Me.”
- He taught you to receive from God. “If you abide in Me and My Word abides in you, you shall ask what you will and it shall be done unto you. Herein is My Father glorified, that you may bear much fruit, so shall you be My disciples.”
- He taught you to have faith that moves mountains: “Have the faith of God. Whosoever shall say unto this mountain “Be moved” and not doubt in his heart, the mountain will be moved.”.
Therefore cast not away you confidence in The LORD.
There will be a great influx of renewed confidence and increase in your competent walk with Him as you obey Him.
Your confidence will develop your competence.
Now trust in The LORD with all your heart…..
~ Thomas Downes
Thomas Downes. Walking with The LORD for over 40 years, Thomas runs “The Voice of the Writer” a Prophetic Ministry. His purpose is to present the Word of God and the Love of God with the prophetic heart; the heart that desires to hear the Voice of The LORD, and present His Word for the encouragement of others.