Here are a few indicators that you may be dealing with a Jezebel Spirit (and wearing red lipstick is NOT a characteristic of a Jezebel spirit).
- The Jezebel spirits lusts for power and control. It has a need to dominate and will use coercion and manipulation to do so.
- Jezebel spirits love to use emotional outbursts to avoid correction. This may also include false victimization.
- Has an uncanny need for attention and platform presence.
- Uses pawns to fulfill it’s agenda. This may include preying on weak minded people to stir gossip and confusion. In other words, it enlists the help of others to do it’s dirty work.
- Speaks in logical fallacies when confronted. When confronting a Jezebel spirit, the subject may be changed 9 times over the course of 5 minutes. This type of confusion keeps them undiscovered. Don’t fall for it. Pay close attention to the words they release, it will always reveals their real agenda.
- This Spirit loves to “one up” leaders. It feels threatened by anyone who can potentially steal their spotlight. For example: if you can tie your shoe well, a person that is led by a Jezebel spirit will always comment that they can do it better. If you can run fast, they can run faster. Get it? This is synonymous with arrogance.
- Will attempt to use the element of surprise to be in control and intimidate their target. This is also a form of manipulation.
- Jezebel spirits are vengeful. They do not like to be questioned or wrong. If you contradict them, you will become a target of their retaliation. This spirit will stop at nothing to destroy a Church’s reputation or an individual’s reputation.
- This spirit is skilled in the art of deflection. It will try it’s hardest to make their target look like a Jezebel. Those that have the gift of discerning of spirits will be able to decipher which party is authentic.
If you’re reading this, and you recognize these traits in your own life:
- Ask God for forgiveness.
- Ask God to reveal who you may have offended.
- Apologize to those individuals.
- Be intentional about walking in the fruits of the spirit.
If you recognize that these traits describe an individual that you know or you feel like you are being oppressed by an individual that demonstrates these traits:
- Do not respond to the individual in the flesh. This spirit seeks to provoke you to act unruly. You will have to respond to this spirit by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Relinquish your right to hold a grudge against this individual. You can war in the spirit effectively if you are fighting offended.
- Check your friend circle. Jezebel loves to gather information about you and the best place to get it from is your Judas.
- Remember, this battle is not yours. Your assignment is to not let this attack make you bitter, leave your position or forfeit your destiny.
“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places,” Ephesians 6:12 ESV.”
When Jezebel heard that Jehu had arrived in Jezreel, she made herself up — put on eyeshadow and arranged her hair — and posed seductively at the window. When Jehu came through the city gate, she called down, “So, how are things, ‘Zimri,’ you dashing king-killer?”
Jehu looked up at the window and called, “Is there anybody up there on my side?” Two or three palace eunuchs looked out.
He ordered, “Throw her down!” They threw her out the window. Her blood spattered the wall and the horses, and Jehu trampled her under his horse’s hooves.
Then Jehu went inside and ate his lunch. During lunch he gave orders, “Take care of that damned woman; give her a decent burial — she is, after all, a king’s daughter.”
They went out to bury her, but there was nothing left of her but skull, feet, and hands. They came back and told Jehu. He said, “It’s God’s word, the word spoken by Elijah the Tishbite: “In the field of Jezreel, dogs will eat Jezebel; the body of Jezebel will be like dog-droppings on the ground in Jezreel.”
Old friends and lovers will say, ‘I wonder, is this Jezebel?’” 2 Kings 9:30-37 (MSG).
~ Dee Evans
Dee Evans is the founder of Dee Evans Ministries International and Koinonia Training and Consulting. She currently mentors ministers and leaders throughout the USA, Africa, and Pakistan. With a passion for training prophets and leaders for the 21st century church. Her ministry emphasizes the importance of worship, prayer, intercession, and deliverance. Chesapeake, VA.