What does “Commit your way unto The LORD, and He will establish your path” really mean?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but The LORD knows the outcome. Again, there is a way that seems right to a man, but the end of it leads to destruction.
To me, the phrase “seems right” tends to be followed by the words “but what if it isn’t?”
If what you are planning really seems “iffy”, then don’t do it. So what will it take for you to know the Truth about which path to take, which decision is really the right decision, which road will take me to the best possible outcome or results that I could possibly accomplish, or imagine?
Are you really that much in control of your life, or your destiny?
It all sounds nice, but listen to what The LORD says about where you really are.
The word “commit” will be established, rooted and grounded in you, because of the Word that comes alive within you. It is called “Rhema”.
- “He leads me along the path of righteousness for His Name’s sake.”
- “I know the thoughts I have toward you; thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give you a future and hope.”
- “I have been young, now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken, nor have I seen His seed begging for bread.”
- “The righteous shall live by faith.”
- “Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, it is the evidence of things not seen.”
- “For without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”
- “Everything that the Father has is Mine, and the Holy Spirit will take from what is mine and He will show it to you.”
- “And He, the Spirit of truth, will lead you into all truth.”
- “You are of God, little children , and that evil one touches you not, for greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.”
- “Trust in The LORD with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. But acknowledge Him in everything you do, and He will direct your path.”
~ Thomas Downes
Thomas Downes. Walking with The LORD for over 40 years, Thomas runs “The Voice of the Writer” a Prophetic Ministry. His purpose is to present the Word of God and the Love of God with the prophetic heart; the heart that desires to hear the Voice of The LORD, and present His Word for the encouragement of others.