2018 promises to be a year of change, restoration and unexpected surprises.
Our desire is to promote prayer partnership in the new year, knowing the tremendous amount of benefits that result from prayers of agreement.
We would like to introduce you to our new webpage:
Pray Together 2018
Prayers for a New Beginning for Your Family and Community
Let’s pray together!
The purpose of PRAY TOGETHER 2018 is to encourage prayer partnership in the new year.
Multiplied power results when there are two or more praying in agreement.
The purpose of PRAY TOGETHER 2018 is to help people discover the power of two or more in agreement:
- Praying together in one accord multiplies power and effectiveness, (Deuteronomy 32:30; Leviticus 26:8)
- Praying with even one other person causes us to have 10 times the power than if we prayed alone. Two can put 10,000 demons to flight. Multiplied power causes the enemy to flee, (Deuteronomy 32:30).
- Prayers of agreement form a partnership with God that gets results, (Matthew 18:19-20).
- Prayers of agreement place a demand on the covenant relationship we have with God, pulling answered prayer out of the invisible realm, (Matthew 18:19,20).
- Prayers of agreement increase unity and cause the anointing to flow, (Psalm 133:1-2).
- People in one accord invite an atmosphere of unity that blesses the Father’s heart – it’s where the LORD commands a blessing, (Psalm 133:3).
- Two are better than one because there is a good reward for their labor; two can prevail in spiritual warfare and a threefold cord is not easily broken. The power of the Holy Spirit among them cements them together and makes them stronger, (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12).
- Two walking in obedience and submission to God’s Holy Spirit can produce more power in prayer than those that do not.
- Sin causes people to be unbelieving, double-minded and powerless in prayer. They lack confidence before God because their heart (conscience) testifies against them, (Joshua 7:12; Leviticus 26:37; Matthew 17:16-20; James 1:8; 1 John 3:20).
- When God’s people humble themselves and pray, He promises to heal, (2 Chronicles 7:14).
- Coming together for a common cause releases salt and light to be agents of healing, (2 Kings 2:19-21).
- Eliminating unbelief (those not in agreement) and praying with at least one other person of faith release miracles, (Matthew 9:25; Acts 9:40; Luke 8:49-55).
- People in one accord, praying in unity discover nothing shall be impossible for them, (Genesis 11:6).
Jesus promised in Matthew 18:19-20 “Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they ask, it shall be done for them by My Father that is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there I am in the midst of them.”
What He’s really saying is that those that are in a covenant relationship with Him have the right to place a demand on the anointing. It’s not saying we can test God, but we can ask for things in prayer because we are in covenant with one another.
The nature of a covenant is that both parties are bound by a mutual agreement. It is basically a contract that is legally binding.
God has promised to uphold His end of the deal. He is not a man that He should lie; meaning, He isn’t going to go back on His word, (Numbers 23:19).
There are, however, many of His promises that are contingent upon obedience. When people meet the stipulations of God’s promise and ask according to His will, the answers to prayer are freely released.
In fact, God has promised that our labor will not be in vain. We are the blessed of the Lord! God has said in Isaiah 65:24 that before we call out to Him, He will have already sent the answer!
“I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!”
John 15:7 that says if we remain in Christ we can ask whatsoever we wish and it will be done for us. The whole point of John chapter 15 is abiding in Christ and finding our ability to be fruitful in and through our relationship with Him.
Then there’s the verse in Mark 11:24, that tells us that IF we have faith and don’t doubt, we will receive whatever we have asked for in prayer. Mountain moving faith – if we settle our doubts and settle what we believe about God.
There are many more verses, of course, that remind us of our potential to accomplish magnificent things in prayer.
Of course we want to see God move – in issues concerning our families, in our communities, our churches – throughout our nation.
Answered prayer can solve a whole lot of problems!
So… why don’t people pray together?
Many people feel awkward about praying in public or praying in front of others. Some people may not have that experience in order to overcome feelings of insecurity over praying in front of others, but with a little more practice, those feelings usually disappear quickly.
Others may feel self-conscious because they haven’t made it a habit to pray much at all, much less in a public setting. They fear they won’t know what to say, or that somehow others might judge their prayer.
For those that feel a bit more comfortable with a prayer that is already scripted, we will have a daily prayer you can use to get you started.
Use it as a guide to a heartfelt prayer, and by all means, please let Holy Spirit guide you to ‘tweek it’ here or there to make it personal!
Many of these prayers are designed to deal with things that can produce instability in a person’s belief system and get down to some of the root issues that hinder answers to prayer.
Yes, they will challenge you to pray differently. The prayers are designed to help eliminate blocks to prayer and barriers to intimacy with God that you might not even know exist.
Sometimes generational curses cause people to go around the mountain over and over again. They feel stuck in old cycles and need some help breaking through to establish a new season. We have prayers that deal with those things, too.
The spiritual realm operates on spiritual laws established long ago by God . It does no good to justify areas of our life that God calls disobedience.
If we want our prayers answered, we must live by the laws of His kingdom. When people deal with those things properly, they will automatically stabilize in their belief system, their confidence towards God increases, and there no longer remains any ‘legal grounds’ by which the enemy can withstand their prayers.
Answers to prayer become consistent and fruitfulness increases. People will naturally begin to connect with others, and that pulls those that have been disconnected back into the body of Christ.
When we connect with one another, people eventually discover purpose, service and find a sense of fulfillment, joy, and satisfaction.
The joy of the Lord is a natural by-product of these things working together for our good!
We would like to encourage each person to respond to the invitation to join Pray Together 2018.
It’s simply finding someone else that you feel assured has a solid walk with Christ and will pray in agreement with you on a daily basis.
Pray Together 2018 is also a challenge to make a commitment to pray for the entire year – for your family, lifting up the needs of friends and neighbors, and praying for those in your communities.
We want cites to be healed. We want the heart of our nation to be healed, and it starts with prayer.
If you’ll make the commitment, will you please encourage others to find a prayer partner and add their commitment to this cause?
Prayer is simply conversation with God.
It doesn’t have to be perfect or well thought out – it can be spoken off the cuff in a spontaneous moment.
My husband and I pray every day while he is on the road traveling to and from jobs. Sometimes we pray before he leaves for the day and again when he’s coming home.
You can pray with a friend or loved on while you’re on the road, too. Or meet for a cup of coffee, invite a few friends over, while you’re power walking, or just meeting another pet lover at the dog park.
You can pray with someone while you take a walk on the beach, on your lunch hour, it doesn’t matter where or when; the important thing is to expect more from yourself, from your prayer life, and from God.
CHANGES WILL COME in the next year, that’s inevitable, but WHAT KIND of changes occur has everything to do with whether or not you pray and enforce the spiritual laws of God’s Kingdom!
If you don’t, you will never recover what’s been lost, or be able to receive what God says is yours.
It must be appropriated by faith and prayer. It’s time to adapt that well known Nike motto: “JUST DO IT!”
~ Laura Gagnon
Laura Gagnon of Pray Together 2018 is a woman who has been blessed with the gift of understanding God’s restorative work through her own personal experience. Through her insights and revelation, God has led her to influence many individuals into a restored relationship with Jesus Christ. She is a woman who stands on the promises of God, encouraging others in an elevated expectation of the miraculous and declares the gift of His life. Laura is the author of Healing the Heart of a Woman and writes for her blog, Xpect a Miracle Ministries.