When engaging the enemy, you must know the proper weapon at the time to use.
Being able to defeat the enemy comes with having the knowledge of what will destroy him.
We frequently go into combat with the wrong spiritual weapon, because we don’t gauge the level of attack or have not properly identified what spirit is attacking.
The importance of knowing your adversary will help you not to become wounded hurt or destroyed in battle. Reading the Word, I saw different swords that were used for various reasons:
- A flaming sword: Genesis 3:24. This sword was a protecting sword.
- A revenge sword: Genesis 34:26. This sword was for justice.
- A victory sword: Leviticus 26:7-8. This sword was for defeating the enemy.
- A defending sword: Exodus 17:13, Joshua 11:10-12. This sword was used to defeat armies.
- A judgment sword: 2 Samuel 1:14-16. This sword was for defending God’s anointed.
- A destroying sword: 2 Kings 19:37. This sword is used to destroyed cities.
- A building sword: Nehemiah 4:18. This sword is used to defend the work of the Lord as it is being built.
- A glittering sword: Deuteronomy 32:41. This sword was for vengeance against adversaries.
- The Sword of the Spirit: Ephesians 6:17. This is the word of God spoken effectively by using the proper scriptures.
Five types of swords for battling your enemies:
- The Stabbing Sword: This one was used to pierce the enemy straight through.
- The Slashing Sword: This one was curved so that it could go downward into the body of the enemy.
- The Sickle Sword: This one was used for striking and cutting the enemy in half to severe one part of the body from another.
- The Long Bladed Sword: This one was used for charging so that you could hit your enemy from a distance.
- The Straight Sword: This one was used when you were close up to your enemies.
In this hour there are weapons that we must use in this war against satan and the different ranks of his demonic kingdom.
Not knowing what to use will be detrimental to you in your warfare battles. As we pray The Holy Spirit will instruct us in how to pray what to pray give us the weapon to use and instruct us in how to use it against our enemy.
~ Apostle Barbara R. Thomas
Apostle Barbara R. Thomas is founder of I Come to Heal Ministries, A Woman’s touch Ministry, The Next Dimension Global Outreach Ministries and Spoken Word School of Ministry and is on a mission, travelling the world, proclaiming the Gospel, for souls to be won to the Kingdom of God. She has life mandate to help bring others to their divine purpose.